On the Road (2015)

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
In Elkhart, just toured the Heartland production line of the Luxury 5er's. Mostly Bighorns on the line with a couple of Landmarks. Fueled up this morning for $2.53 in a snow squall with gusty winds. Dealt with a very strong WSW wind yesterday from western PA most of the way across Ohio and Indiana !! Westward Ho again tomorrow.
bc7ed0c1cd11f7ce5eb8f9f627200cf0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
I just toured the North Trail/Wilderness plant April 9th. It really is quite the operation that Heartland has.

travelin2

Well here we are in Mitchell SD. Endured strong thunderstorms with hail and heavy rain last night. Went to the Corn Palace
f2ffedba7a6a7a2f8859680cce35de2f.jpg

and restocked some supplies- propane, groceries, diesel, etc.
On toward MT tomorrow after stopping at Wall Drug in Wall, SD!!

Oh, BTW, saw SOB TH southbound on I29 yesterday cruising along with his batwing antenna up. Bet he was missing that later in the day !!

travelin2

The Bighorn 3010 crossed the Bighorn River in Montana earlier today.

yport

Sounds like a great time in Elkhardt ... we too did the tour in July 2014 of the Big Horn plant. Quite the operation, and Kary and Rob were great hosts for us. We just brought our 2014 BH home from Florida for the winter yesterday. A little chillier here on Cape Cod, but that white stuff is gone. Safe travels ...

travelin2

40d4e21e229ab1187f31496eb36fef0d.jpg

The only thing missing are a few fellow Heartlanders.
Wayfarers SP, Bigfork, MT.

brianharrison

Are you crossing border up into Alberta? I can give some suggestions on camping and sightseeing up here. Just no guns across Canadian border - they frown on that....., unless you have completed all the paperwork before hand.

Brian

travelin2

Actually we're heading to WA from here then up into BC. If we find our way over to AB I'll PM you. How's that? Yep know all about the gun policy; a buddy and I have been to ON the past few years fishing.

travelin2

81f38815f7265b8594ac1a4067e354a5.jpg

Cape Lookout SP Tillamook OR. Cold damp foggy rainy and any other similar descriptive adjectives you can think of.

Looking out over the Pacific Ocean

cf9eaf5d55f982627f7325ba8dac8dd7.jpg

travelin2

Can't tell me that the tail end of these fifth wheels don't bounce and fishtail around. I looked up while lying on the couch and saw this ...
a35f6a0b9e3a5f7979f881d089002da6.jpg

VKTalley

Yup, I use to find our pull chains in funny positions in our previous rig and the fan was in the middle near the outside door (had the rear kitchen model).

Snow

Slow down , my friend slow down ! Hey seriously though iam sitting here trying to visualize what kind of force it would take to do that ? Considering the weight of the pull thingy that would take quite a bounce to get it like that , I had a friend pull in last year with not one but two fan blades broke off ? Yea I know right ? See ya be safe my friend ⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️

dlw930

Val, if you had the rear kitchen model, you probably had a lot more than the fan chains in funny positions. At least you didn't have to shake the ketchup or mustard bottles before using them!

travelin2

b3c7884c7f7fd8c9d21011738e647c37.jpg

Here we are in Chelan WA along the Columbia River. Last stop before heading north to British Columbia and Alaska on Thursday.

Snow

b3c7884c7f7fd8c9d21011738e647c37.jpg

Here we are in Chelan WA along the Columbia River. Last stop before heading north to British Columbia and Alaska on Thursday.

Beautiful !! that's about all you can say. Except I wish I was there ! ⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️

travelin2

My parents made this trip nearly 40 yrs ago in a pickup camper and it's been on my bucket list for years soon to be a reality. Too bad they're no longer with us to discuss what 40 years of changes look like but I'll have my chance someday.