On the Road (2015)

Snow

My parents made this trip nearly 40 yrs ago in a pickup camper and it's been on my bucket list for years soon to be a reality. Too bad they're no longer with us to discuss what 40 years of changes look like but I'll have my chance someday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wow that's something to be proud of Lyle ,quite an accomplishment .yea iam ready for that day also ,I don't want to go this early but iam ready if he calls me .be careful & safe travelin2 ⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Well we made it this far. Dawson Creek BC Canada. Heading up the Alaska Hwy tomorrow. Roads have been very good; better than a lot of U.S. roads. Scenery awesome but totally not what we expected. SD and BH performing well with no issues. Diesel prices not too bad especially if you factor in the exchange rate. Weather for the past week has been very warm and breezy. Currently 80* here in Dawson. DRY!!! North to Alaska !!!!
c3ac0ec5a3bba2f64b7ad664cae8d153.jpg
80d7979649d91ee0709090d721971a8b.jpg

Last edited:

travelin2

Side note--- not seeing many Heartland products on the road in the NW or BC. Here in BC we've seen mostly towable campers and various sized motorhomes. The fifth wheels we've parked next to are mostly from the U.S.

travelin2

We be in Tok Alaska after traveling the Alaska Hwy with a side trip down to Haines AK. Heading to Fairbanks area and points north tomorrow.

travelin2

Hope your having fun, take your time see all you can.

Thx. That's the plan. Can't see everything but we're here until about the end of July.

Last edited:

travelin2

Took a road trip up to the Arctic Circle with the SD. What a muddy mess the Dalton Hwy (haul road north to the oil fields) turned out to be!! Yuck. BH stayed back at SP outside of Fairbanks.
ac25827bc7ad9bf65c207788a1ab335f.jpg