One year travel trailer warranty a sham for the customer . . . should be at least three years!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I guess I never responded to let you know what happened.

My dealer did fix 'most' of the issues, and I had it winterized while it was there.

They gave me no paper work when I left, other than the receipt for the winterizing.

I thought about pressing the issue about the missing paper work describing what they did this time under warranty, but decided to drop it after they said to me . . .

"You do realize that your warranty is now expired . . . don't you?"

(By the by . . . we did purchase the extended warranty)

As I said earlier in this thread, I guess I should feel lucky since the issues I've had are relatively minor compared to others that I've read about here.

However, I still think that on items as big as an RV that the manufacturers should stand behind their products longer than what they do.

After all . . . look at the auto industry . . . now giving three to six year warranties!

My 2010 Chevy had a three year warranty on it, and it cost about a third less than my Trail Runner did.

Not to mention it gets used every day . . . not four or five times during the summer months.

Anyway, we still love our new trailer and can't wait for spring to arrive so we can go to the Colorado HOC Rally!

caissiel

Car warranty is the equivalent of the fridge. And it has power train only as long as its lubricated properly. Brakes and tires are not, just like trailers. Break a light or scrap a bumper on a curb or jam a cd in the radio who will pay for repairs. Get a rock in the windshield.
Everything breaks at one time and RVs are same.

One MH owner told me he got a repair bill of $5k after plugging in a bad circuit. Cars are not exposed to that neither.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

EandJ

One MH owner told me he got a repair bill of $5k after plugging in a bad circuit. Cars are not exposed to that neither.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

They will be soon. Grocery store that my wife goes to has charging station for electric vehicles. It's going to be interesting when/if these things get common and someones Volt/Tesla is fried by a non-maintained public charging station.

GOTTOYS

I guess I never responded to let you know what happened.

My dealer did fix 'most' of the issues, and I had it winterized while it was there.

They gave me no paper work when I left, other than the receipt for the winterizing.

I thought about pressing the issue about the missing paper work describing what they did this time under warranty, but decided to drop it after they said to me . . .

"You do realize that your warranty is now expired . . . don't you?"

(By the by . . . we did purchase the extended warranty)

As I said earlier in this thread, I guess I should feel lucky since the issues I've had are relatively minor compared to others that I've read about here.

However, I still think that on items as big as an RV that the manufacturers should stand behind their products longer than what they do.

After all . . . look at the auto industry . . . now giving three to six year warranties!

My 2010 Chevy had a three year warranty on it, and it cost about a third less than my Trail Runner did.

Not to mention it gets used every day . . . not four or five times during the summer months.

Anyway, we still love our new trailer and can't wait for spring to arrive so we can go to the Colorado HOC Rally!
I suggest you read your copy of "The extended warranty" you bought very thoroughly, if you haven't already. Very few of the common RV complaints are covered by extended service contracts, it's not really a warranty....Don

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I suggest you read your copy of "The extended warranty" you bought very thoroughly, if you haven't already. Very few of the common RV complaints are covered by extended service contracts, it's not really a warranty....Don

Yes . . . I have read it . . . and understand what it covers.

And also realize that it is nothing like the manufacturer's warranty.