Opinions/advice on installing Second AC unit

Re: Second ac unit

I have a 2011 big country 3250 and will be adding the second air next week. I tried the tent fix and that helped and the dealer found the return area and around the bolts not sealed properly and fixed them, but one ac unit will not cool the way I like it to this time of year. I am a little concerned with overpass clearence on some back roads with the additional ac but that is something I will have to deal with.

jbeletti

Low clearance is always a legitimate concern, especially on back roads.

Once you get the second AC installed, hitch up on a hard surface and measure to your highest point. I think you will find that your main AC will be higher than the low-profile (13.5m BTU) 2nd AC.

In any event, you will want to know what your highest point is. Then make a label and affix it to your dash or upper portion of your windshield.

Let us know what it ends up being.

Jim

Northern Virginia

Like Jim said, I thought my main a/c would be the highest point but I borrowed a laser level from work (which made it really easy to measure) and found my low profile front a/c the highest point at 13' 2" (actually 13' 1" and change). My Landmark does ride a nose high in my 08 GMC.

We are very mindful of our routes, bridge clearance signs and branches. It does limit where you can go.

John

TXBobcat

Fulltime

I have to have mine running at night. I love the white noise effect and have a hard time sleeping if it's not running. Maybe I just march to the beat of a different drummer...

John

I second the use of the bedroom A/C. Keeps a lot of outside noise from bothering us.

BC

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist

Temps 90-100 plus here in Norfolk...2 units equals 72 degrees inside best $$$ I ever spent.

meandg

crawgator

We installed a second a/c after only a handful of trips. I am so glad we did. It was fairly easy to install and found out after many trips to lowes that we could have gotten longer bolts when we purchased the a/c, they were the same that we found at Lowes. Just wish now that both a/c's would work well on a 30 amp. Our highest point is 13'2".