Opinions on 5th wheel hitch storage

archbarb

I have a Trifecta Tri-fold bed cover I use when not towing, leaving the hitch in place. If I need to remove the hitch for any reason, I get the two boys to pick up and out of the truck!!!!!

I've never thought until now, but does anyone secure their hitch (when leaving in truck bed) to deter from getting stolen?

Archie

Geodude

My original plan was to leave it in the truck all winter, for a bit of extra weight over the rear wheels for when it's snowy out there. But tonight we found it was kind of in the way when we had to bring a big item home. I'm now thinking of taking it out and just carrying it ("just" ha ha ha) around the back and leaving it on the deck, under a tarp, for the winter. More room for our skis and gear in the truck...

RoadJunkie

but does anyone secure their hitch (when leaving in truck bed) to deter from getting stolen?

Archie

Maybe a hijack, but no, I have never worried about theft of the hitch. I worry more about the tailgate being stolen then the hitch!

Aristakat

we found a little red wagon at a gagrage sale yrs back, after trips I ask neighbor for help pull 4 locking pins unload into wagon, and roll into garage. When I need pull wagon out of garage roll next to bed ask for help from neighbor again and its that easy... The key is the wagon when I need to get around it in garage I just roll it out of the way..