Order 3900FB Now For the Truck

PTLOVER

Found this forum very helpful when selecting our purchase.

We decided on the

3900FB
Upgraded to 8000lb axle
Washer and Dryer
Generator
Double Pane Windows
Yeti Package
2nd AC Unit in Bedroom

I think those are the weight related items.

I was told the GVW is 14,500 but I aware there is more than what the dealer tells you to consider when determining the truck.

My default is a 1 ton diesel and on the fence if a dually is needed or the key advantages of the dually
I've been driving a 1 ton for years for my work truck and not sure if about driving a dually but if that is the best route it seems that cost is not that big of a deal

What other upgrades would you add to a 2015 Ford or GMC 1 Ton

Is there a set formula to be used that determines the correct tow vehicle. I want to know what truck I shopping for before going to dealer.

RV Salesman tell me standard 1ton

Thanks in advance

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Visit fifthwheetst.com, created by a Heartland owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pegmikef

If it is not too late I would find out what tires will be on your ordered trailer. If they are not Goodyear 614 or better, order them. It is a lot cheaper to get them from the factory when they build the unit and remember the msrp of the tires is negotiable.

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
X2 on the GY G614's. Also how about the 6 point landing gear...you will love it. The 14500 seems a little low for a FB.....but maybe. Yes on the 350 or 3500. A DRW is up to you. I love mine and the added cost is minimal. This what I found with mine, fuel mileage is the same as a SRW, better handling in cross winds, and a higher GVWR. If the mirrors clear....so will the 1/4 fenders.

If you can, get a copy of the HL build/order sheet. Add up all the options you want. Then take 25-30% off that price...then make your deal. Most dealers DON'T sell at what HL says they should sell for. They make up there own inflated MSRP's.

JMHO