Oregon Coast

C-Haert

Friends.

Looking for for a nice, full-hookup RV campground on the Oregon coast, that is close to the water, where I can back my 3160EL into, and RELAX. Traveling after the Labor Day weekend.

Your thoughts and suggestions please. I need some rest! 😊
Thanks in advance!

C-Haert

wdk450

Look into Winchester Bay in Reedsport.
Also if you are going to be there a while, or occasionally want to move, you might want to look into the Thousand Trails Zone pass. They have 4 resorts on the coast (Florence, Newport, Cloverdale and Seaside).

shelsay

Like Bill, we highly recommend Winchester Bay RV Resort

http://winchesterbayrvresort.com/

It's usually quite full through September with those fishing for salmon, but quiets down in October. We usually travel the 30 miles to spend a week there then. Maybe we could meet up.

Gaffer

We agree that Winchester Bay is our first choice for waterfront! But, if you are looking at Sea Perch and want to go up the coast a bit...you might check out Sea & Sand! Some sites on the top level (3 levels) are pretty nice for a fifth wheel. The view is to die for!! You can sit your chair in front of the large rocks, put your feet up and enjoy being right on the beach. We have stayed there for many years with family and friends. Depoe Bay is very close and fun to explore. It's probably booked all summer, but you might get in around the time you are thinking of. Sites in the front row are very close and the upper level is a little larger with beautiful back in views for a fifth wheel. Any of the ocean view sites are close for walking right out on the beach. Just a thought...nice to have options!!

RVFun4Us

Agree on Winchester Bay RV Resort. Have stayed there many times. You need to reserve early to get an ocean front site. Sites are situated so that you are protected somewhat from the ocean winds when on the door side. We also found another park called McKinley RV Park and Marina in Waldport. It is not on the ocean (about a mile away) but on the Alsea River. When backed up to the river, you see all kinds of seabirds and seals etc. Great place to relax. One last place is Beachside State Park just south of Waldport. They have some sites backed up to the ocean and just a short walk to the beach. Very popular place and you really do need reservations to have a chance. Only shortcoming there is that the sites are fairly short. Nothing better than the Oregon Coast.

Crumgater

Further south is Turtle Rock RV Resort. Very nice place. Nice central shower/bathrooms, easy path (under Hwy 101) to a HUGE nearly-private beach. Very dog-friendly...
http://www.turtlerockresorts.com/

And if you like boat rides, the jetboat trip up the Rogue River was a fun day-trip, too. Loads of wildlife viewing along the way.

The Oregon State Parks are also very nice and take reservations. Sites can be tight, depending on where you go. We stayed at Beverly Beach State Park (N. Of Newport) and Lake Stevens State Park (near Astoria). We had nice places at both sites. Lake Stevens is a BIG park, so it was almost a mile walk to get to the beach...

Gaffer

September is really nice on the Oregon coast. And the kids are back in school so the crowds are down.

C-Haert

Friends.

Thanks for all of the leads...really appreciate the feedback. Looks like my best bet is to pull into the Southern/Central coastal area well after the Labor Day weekend. Really looking forward to getting out-of-town and on the Coast. It's been quite a few years since I last drove down OR 101..too long in fact.

Guess I should ditch my Cal Blue and opt for Duck Green or Beaver Orange around the camp. Don't want to offended the locals! 😎

Thanks again! C-Haert

ICamel

If that is the case, you probably will also want to ditch your state license plate:angel:
Spoken by a transplant from the Mojave Desert in 1960.
Wear your colors............we won't be offended. Just leave lots of money and don't stay too long.........only kidding.

Friends.
Guess I should ditch my Cal Blue and opt for Duck Green or Beaver Orange around the camp. Don't want to offended the locals! 
Thanks again! C-Haert

Crumgater

I don't own anything that doesn't have purple on it somewhere... I try to not wear logo 'W's in Oregon... but it's hard. :)

Even when we wear neutral colors... we often put up our canopy for extra rain-cover and/or shade... and... yep... it's purple with "Washington Huskies" all over it. HA!

So far, we've made it back home in one piece. :)
(guess we spent enough money, and didn't stay too long!)

-T

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I don't own anything that doesn't have purple on it somewhere... I try to not wear logo 'W's in Oregon... but it's hard. :)

Even when we wear neutral colors... we often put up our canopy for extra rain-cover and/or shade... and... yep... it's purple with "Washington Huskies" all over it. HA!

So far, we've made it back home in one piece. :)
(guess we spent enough money, and didn't stay too long!)

-T

That's kinda like living here in Denver and flying an Oakland Raiders flag . . .

Or being a Detroit Red Wings fan in the land of the Colorado Avalanche!