Oregon Rally 2010 Schedule of Events

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
The ones we've been in do, so they probably all do. We plan to do camp fires at our site each night, weather permitting, so people can sit around and gab after dinner.
Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Got word that the t-shirts were embroidered last Friday and should be shipped out!
Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Hi Everyone!

Just some quick info for you...

I just updated the attendees list. Red and Duanne decided to stay at home in Florence and just visit. They have their motorhome on the market and won't use it while trying to sell it. Red is interested in Cyclone.

John and Deb (jdfishing) are on a trip through CA, OR, and WA. They had already made reservations in Newport before they saw the rally info. They'll come down to meet people and have some fun with us even though they aren't camping with us.

I made some changes to the schedule of events in the first post. Please check it out to see what's changed or been added.

Since we have lots of people who will be bringing things for the potluck appetizers and dinner, I don't think we really need a sign up list. I think we will probably get enough of each category of foods that we'll be fine without asking people to make up their minds ahead of time about what to bring. We have never run short of food at a rally! LOL

We have over 50 people coming to both the appetizers and the dinner. I just mention that so everyone can plan their dishes accordingly. Your dish doesn't have to feed all 50+ people though. LOL

I've been stocking up on some soft drinks and beer for everyone. I have recruited help in getting decorations (thanks Deb). I have even gathered a few extra raffle prizes (thanks again Deb!). The park is providing a couple of really nice prizes as has Woodall's. I have paper plates and tableware, cups and bowls, napkins, etc.

We plan to keep snacks, drinks and ice at our site (#63) for everyone who stops by to visit or just hang out. Some of our best times during rallies have been just hanging out with people around camp.

Please bring your own serving dishes and serving utensils. The community hall has a few such things, but we may or may not be there depending on the weather. The hall also has a stove and a couple of refrigerators.

I'll put more in another post.
This one already reads like a book!:D:D:D:D

Kristy

Last edited:

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Help Needed

There are a few things I will be asking people to help with. I know most everyone is willing to help if asked, but I thought I would let you know what kinds of things I'll need. These are the ones I can think of right now.

Friday
Setting up seating for the vendor presentation Friday.
He may need help with his presentation equipment, banner, etc.
Setting up and cleaning up after the Potluck Appetizer.

Saturday
Collecting and decorating the raffle prizes.
Decorating the Hall.
Setting up for dinner.
Selling Raffle tickets
Drawing Raffle Numbers
Clearing and cleaning up after dinner and the raffle.

I'll have some errands to run, but Mark will always be available to help me with those unless some of you keep him busy with the beer. He would appreciate it if you would! :D:D

No need to tell me ahead of time what you might be willing to help with unless there is something in particular you would like to do. We had lots of fun last year just in the setting up and taking down of the events, so I know we'll get lots of help again this year.

I have 8 days of school left! Its almost summer even if the weather doesn't say so!
Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Only 9 days to go! Is everyone excited?

The t-shirts are in and they turned out looking really nice.

Time to start figuring out what to bring for appetizers, raffle and potluck.

I'm going to ask John Dawson to be our marshall again this year. Its the marshall's job to make sure everyone wears their name tag. If caught without it, it costs you a buck into the rally fund. Maybe I can even talk him into doing the photography again this year.

Henderson's has confirmed that they will be there Friday for a presentation at 1 pm at the Community Center (hall). I'll have a map for you when you check in.

Golf will be Saturday morning. Contact dbarnard if you want to play and haven't told him yet.

If the weather cooperates, maybe a few people will want to rent ATVs and hit the dunes for a couple of hours.

See you all soon!
Kristy

RVFun4Us

Kristy,

Maybe it would be good to review the approximate dollar value for the raffle gift for those folks who have signed since the initial information was sent. Looked back through the many emails which talked about raffle ticket sales etc. but could not find information on the raffle gift and cost. Maybe we missed it. Anyway, might be good to review one last time or direct people to the site which covers it. Looking forward to the rally and meeting all our fellow Heartland owners. Thanks for all your hard work in putting this together once again.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Good idea!

The raffle prizes are typically worth around $10-$15. I have some that have been donated that are worth a lot more than that, but that is the norm. Profits from the raffle are used to pay for the Community Center and some of the drinks and snacks that will be provided.

I'm thinking that we might need something to go with the roasted doughnut holes on Sunday morning, so I will be bringing bacon to cook up for everyone. I'll need help getting it all cooked. I'll need a couple more people to help with the coffee making that morning too so we don't have a long line of people who need their caffeine. That could be a disaster!!!:eek::eek:

Remember that you need to bring your own serving dishes and utensils for the appetizers and the potluck. Plates, napkins, tableware, bowls and cups will be provided along with water, and some beer and pop.

Appetizers
Finger foods, fruits, veggies, cheese and crackers, chips and dips, etc.

I call dibs on doing the little smokies in BBQ sauce. :angel:

Potluck
We'll need entrees, vegetables, breads, salads, and some desserts. I have ordered a full sheet cake for dessert at the potluck, but you can bring others as well. I'm bringing a pasta salad. I don't know for sure, but I think we might be getting chili, so corn bread would be a good idea for someone. Please call it so we don't end up with 10 trays of corn bread.:D

Is there anything else I should remind people of or explain so the new people understand how this works. We have lots of people who haven't been to a rally before and I don't want them to feel confused.

Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Please check out the updated info in the schedule at the top of the thread.

Only a few more days!!:D:D:D

Kristy

Gaffer

Anyone staying at 7 Feathers on the 9th? What time do you figure on pullling out on the 10th? We would like to meet up with the convoy on Hwy 38. We will be coming from the North on I-5.

aatauses

Gaffer,
we will be staying in albany on the 9th near our daughter. Not sure what time we will leave on the 10th, but will also be on I5 down to hwy 38. may cross paths with you.
al

Gaffer

Hey aatauses, we probably won't be through Albany before 10:30. If you don't pull out too early, we could hook up at the state rest area on I-5 @ exit 206 (13 miles north of Eugene) around 11 or so. If you think that might work out, PM me and we can exchange cell phone numbers. Are you in Oregon now?

PJ

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We've had two cancellations in the last couple of days. Larryheadhunter and brickman have both had to change their plans at the last minute. As many of you know, Larry has been fighting back problems for quite some time. They started the trip north and he just couldn't make it. The pain is so severe he can hardly walk, so we'll have to wish him well and wish his wife, Debbi, a Happy Birthday from the rally since they can't be here to celebrate as planned.

I heard from the park that brickman had canceled, but I haven't talked to them directly. So, brickman, if this isn't correct, please let me know.

Only 5 days! Bought beverages, snacks, bacon, and assorted other things to share with all of you... See you soon!!!

Some of our people have already started their trip. Travel Safe!

Kristy

I just checked with the resort and I forgot that I made reservations starting on Thursday and leaving Monday. So we will have not problem being there for the Henderson lineup talk. See you all soon.

Weather for the weekend looks absolutely perfect! Hopefully it stays that way and we can do appetizers outside Friday night instead of going to the Community Center. I plan to put up a white board at our site to announce any changes that happen at the last minute while we are there. I'll also give you a schedule and a map when you check in on Friday.

We can't wait!

Kristy

Gang:
We are sure going to miss getting together with all of you and enjoying the terrific central Oregon Coast!
Deb's surgery (originally planned last fall) may finally happen at the end of this month.

Have a great time!!!!!!!!

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Bill,
We will miss having you at the rally. Hopefully Deb's surgery can finally happen and all goes well.
Take Care,
Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Thanks Everyone! It was a successful rally and bigger than last year. 25 Rigs and 53 people! We had a great time!

Sorry this has taken so long to post, but a family emergency came up on our way home from the rally that takes precedence. It may be a few more days before we'll be home much....

Anyway, thanks for all the help in setting up and running the various parts of the rally. Alan did a presentation on WIKI for us. The presentation by Henderson's was good and the inspections he did afterward turned out to be a great thing for some of us. I know we are going to have him do some work for us this summer. Lots of people helped with the setup and cleaning up of everything we did along with decorating and running the raffle for me. I really appreciate it.

Unfortunately, we had a few cancellations, but we had some surprise attendees too!

Welcome to Diana and Mike (360guygal) and congratulations on the new Landmark.

Welcome also to the Beckmans (kilebeck), another McKenzie convert!

We had visitors, Deb and John (jdfishing) come down to spend the day since they were camping an hour away in their HL rig. We also had Red come down for a visit to check out Heartlands since he wants to become a Cyclone owner when he sells his motorhome.

I know lots of people took pictures which will hopefully get posted to the HOG soon. If you do make an album for the rally, please shoot me a message so I can post it here or post it here yourself to let others know.

Kristy

Status
Not open for further replies.