Osama Bin Laden is Dead

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I think it is great that they caught him. The one thing we need to remember, to cut the head off a multi headed snake does not kill the snake. Osama was one of the leaders. There are a lot more to take his place. What all the nations need to do is delcare war against terrorism reguardless where it exists. We need to educate their people that everyone in the world is not their enemy. Until this is done we will always be in fear of their actions.

Great job to our arm forces.

BC

ChopperBill

Dumping the body so quick leaves room for another conspiracy theory. **** we aint even figure out who killed JFK!

tmcran

Congrats to our service folks,special forces, CIA and President Obama. The president showed real guts in ordering this op.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Dumping the body so quick leaves room for another conspiracy theory. **** we aint even figure out who killed JFK!

Unless he walks up and kicks you in the keister, consider him seriously killed. Not just dead, but cold, dead, and very wet. It would be even more assinine than imaginable to fake his death and incur the revenge attacks that are sure to follow. Especially when he pops up later, saying "I'm not dead yet!" (Monty Python's Holy Grail). Might as well get the curs p.o.'d for real. A major victory has been won, but the war is not over.

Cimriver

I am almost glad it took ten years to get him. I can imagine the last ten years for him know that some day a Navy Seal was going to come around the corner and put a bullet through his head. No matter how long you (and he) knew it was going to happen.

I think it good that he was dumped in the ocean. As others have said, no shrine to go and worship, just shark bait.

My thanks to the men and women who have and continue to serve our country!

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Congrats to our service folks,special forces, CIA and President Obama. The president showed real guts in ordering this op.

Congratulations to Special Operations and Intelligence personel.

Hasn't this been a standing "dead or alive" order for 10 years??

Last edited:

wonka

See what happens when the Playstation network goes down................. JK It's not the end, but a good start.

dieselsweetheart

My son received a photo last night on his cell phone from a buddy who has a buddy in the military. Sure looked like Osama. Sure looked dead. Nice hole right about his left eye...or what was left of his eye. Not sure it was legit but sure looked like it. I think it was not to be viewed by the general public just yet...they said today they will release the photo. I will let you know if it's the photo I saw on his cell phone.

mesteve

Burial at sea to allow for his religious beliefs? Not sure. But it sure is a head scratcher. Why we allowed him his religious practice when he stripped so many of our folks from theirs is beyond me.

Its kinda hard to preach something and not practice it and maintain any sort of respect among the world population.

JohnDar

Its kinda hard to preach something and not practice it and maintain any sort of respect among the world population.

And the war is far from over and to continue, we need to placate a lot of Muslim fence-sitters. Seems our foreign aid and oil dollars aren't enough. But for now, the Statue of Liberty has set down her torch and her hand is holding up a single finger and she's facing east.

YaShouldaGotaDiesel

And the war is far from over and to continue, we need to placate a lot of Muslim fence-sitters. Seems our foreign aid and oil dollars aren't enough. But for now, the Statue of Liberty has set down her torch and her hand is holding up a single finger and she's facing east.

And all US Forces come home to protect our borders and drill our own oil wells.
USA! USA! USA!

buckeyebob

300 yards from "west point of pakistan"and nobody knew about it?when we pump billions of dollars to pakistan to stop alkada and terrorists,why would they want to find him for us?somebody high up in pakistan gov. had to know his location.all the while our spec forces,rangers ,seals etc are risking their lives looking in caves for this piece of human garbage.they should have wrapped his body in bacon,sewed it up inside a pig,and dropped it in saudi where he came from,(just my humble opinion).i am soooooooo proud of seal team six.these men along with all military personel are true heroes!!!!!!thank you all

talley

It was bound to happen!! Havard law professor Allen Dershowitz was on TV last night calling for the release of the death photos of Osama Bin Laden. In addition to envolking the 1st Admentment, he insisted that the photos are necessary for a determination of how Bin Laden died. Dershowitz claimed that it was necessary to find out all details of the circumstances of the shooting. Sounded like he wanted an inquest... seemed to question actions of the Navy seals at the scene!! Those involved in all aspects of that mission have earned the awe and respect of our nation. IMHO the results of removing Bin Laden is answer enough. Those elite/dedicated members of the military who delivered our message to Osama do not deserve misguided fault-finding over the eradication of this piece of __ __ __ __ !

IMHO... photo not necessary, ocean a good place, burial service-so what

Obama gets good grades on this one!

JohnDar

It was bound to happen!! Havard law professor Allen Dershowitz was on TV last night calling for the release of the death photos of Osama Bin Laden. In addition to envolking the 1st Admentment, he insisted that the photos are necessary for a determination of how Bin Laden died. Dershowitz claimed that it was necessary to find out all details of the circumstances of the shooting. Sounded like he wanted an inquest... seemed to question actions of the Navy seals at the scene!! Those involved in all aspects of that mission have earned the awe and respect of our nation. IMHO the results of removing Bin Laden is answer enough. Those elite/dedicated members of the military who delivered our message to Osama do not deserve misguided fault-finding over the eradication of this piece of __ __ __ __ !

IMHO... photo not necessary, ocean a good place, burial service-so what

Obama gets good grades on this one!

Maybe the Harvard mouthpiece should go to Pakistan himself and investigate it. With a name like his, I'm sure he would be more than welcome in an Islamic state.

traveler44

If our gov. used half of the money spent on wars in some of these countries, to offer rewards for any and all terriorists, our country would be so much better off financially. I don't think anybody is going to be in as big of a hurry to step up and take the job of enemy #1 right now. It is amazing how fast cowards will run and hide if they think they may be brought to justice in this way. I think our millitary has proven how quickly it can act, anywhere in the world as soon as a target is identified. Tom M.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
How about giving the $25 million reward for bin Laden to Seal team 6. They deserve it.

JohnDar

How about giving the $25 million reward for bin Laden to Seal team 6. They deserve it.

The only unfortunate thing about all of this is that to give public recognition to Seal Team 6 makes them and theirs a target for any 15 minutes of Fame wannabee.

talley

Good thought, Jim! But, will bet that those Seal Team members are not all that concerned, or motivated, by the reward money. How about adding the $25 million to a "special budget" funding for their Seal/special forces program(s). I heard some mention that congress may consider some recognition...... interesting to see what they come up with. But, like John said, should be cautious and avoid links to individuals.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
They could not accept the reward. If they did, then they would be mercenaries.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
Two thoughts on this,
1. Give the reward money to the wounded warriors fund to help those that have suffered in this war.
2. In order that the compound not be used as a shrine for Bin Laden tear down all buildings and leave only the outside walls standing. Plow up the ground plant vegetables and ship some of the feral hogs that we have so many of and let them loose in the compound as their home.
Just my humble opinion.