Our First Cyclone Thanksgiving

Bksvo

I am on temporary duty at Beale AFB, CA before heading to Afghanistan after Christmas. My wonderful wife and kids are staying here with me, and we celebrated Thanksgiving with all the fixings. I was skeptical we would be able to pull it off, but my DW had it all figured out and got everything made in the small oven and microwave. Sweet potatoes and stuffing were made in advance and heated up on the grill. A 7lb turkey breast turned out great and just barely fit in the oven.

We were blessed with beautiful weather after days of cold and rain, and also had Thanksgiving outside on the picnic table.
100_2697.jpg100_2699.jpg100_2702.jpg

ILH

Congratulations to your wife - the oven is incredibly small! Enjoy yourself and your family before deploying again.

Manzan

In '89 or '90 we spent a thanksgiving in our TT on either the Washington or Oregon coast. Not a very big trailer and no slide and the oven was not huge. My job to cook so I put two Cornish Game Hens in the oven and they were terrific. Don't remember what else we had but the hens really were good. Amazing what you can do cooking in an RV.
Bruce

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
A few years back, my wife and 2 of our daughters came to Wyoming and visited me over Thanksgiving. She made all the fixins and I smoked a turkey outside then. It was c...co...cold outside!

Just the 2 of us this year here in Chicago, we had a couple of Cornish hens! Tose Cyclones sure make some good pumpkin pies,too! She was here for about a month and just flew back home yesterday! I'll be driving back for a visit after Christmas!

Wmnmy

Awesome rig and family thank you for your service get home safe from your next tour my friend we plan to have ours next year in our cyclone and grand kids bringing great grand babies .......