Our First Heartland

We bought our 2012 Greystone 32RE last September, 2011. We just had time to camp once before we had to winterize, so we are really looking forward to getting to know our 5th wheel this year! We have been RVing since 1989 and this is our 10th RV. We love the look of the Greystone, but just wish the head room in the bedroom was a bit higher as my 6'3" husband has to keep his head down in there. We did full-time from 1997 to 2003 and loved every minute of it. Now we just go RVing most weekends in the spring, summer and fall and also take our RV on our vacations each year. We travel with our 2 dogs, a Pug and a MaltiPom who love camping as much as we do. Looking foward to following this forum and for any tips and ideas that we can use on our travels.

jimtoo

Hi thegoodlife,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

With your history of RV'ing I'm sure you will be able to jump in and answer lots of questions some of our new RV'ers ask.

Check out the Heartland Owners Club benefits and rally schedules for some in your area.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Other than the bedroom headroom, the Greystone is a great rig! I'm from Arkansas originally (Pine Bluff). They have a very active Owners Club there. Be sure to check them out!

bowhunt73

Welcome to the forum. Your name says it all.....thegoodlife. We can't wait to get back out there either. I hope you enjoy your new unit as much as we do. The people on here are really helpful and friendly. I have noticed differences in the roof lines / slopes between the different Greystone models when I was looking at them. I actually have head room (not much) in my bedroom and I'm at 6'3". Did you noticed that the new ones are all dark grey now? Check out the owners club that jimtoo mentioned.

Take care. Happy camping!

Randall

Thanks so much for the wonderful welcome. We will definitely check out the local Owners Club and we hope to meet some Heartland campers this year.

PeternLiane

Welcome to the group. We went to the RV show out here this weekend. I noticed a lot of rigs that didn't have that much head room. I'm wondering if lowering the from end is the new trend. I'm 5'8" and I smashed my head into the ceiling of a couple of units in the bedrooms.

dalspot

Welcome to the Heartland family! We have a Sundance, and at least for us, the lower ceiling height isn't a problem. Hope you have as much fun as we did in our first year last year.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Hello from WA state! The Greystone is a great rig. No doubt you will have many camping adventures with it. The headroom issue is one we fought with our previous SOB and was a deciding factor in purchasing the Big Country. Lot's!!! of headroom. Once you are able to spend more time in the Greystone it may not be such a problem. It seems like I got used to the lower bedroom ceiling in our old rig after a few trips.

Best Wishes!

DW_Gray

Welcome to the Heartland family! You're connected to a great group of RVers. Enjoy this summer's travels and tow safely.