Our lino split full length of kitchen - Need repair ideas

camr

Gerry, We purchased a model of the Edge M22 that is built for and marketed by a Canadian company, Discover Canada RV. Instead of being decaled as an Edge, it is called a Kokanee Express. However, the factory spec label says Edge M22. There are several models of Heartland units that the company gets built under a different name, including both TT's and 5'ers. The dealer that we purchased it from told us that the Canadian model was spec'd with a thicker flooring material to stand up to the cold. I do not know whether this is true or not. The dealer has been absolutely 100% honest with everything up to this point, so I would tend to believe him. However, only Heartland would know whether this is true, and I'll bet they aren't telling!! Perhaps when looking for a replacement flooring you could see if there is one that would resist shrinkage and cracking in our cold weather and two month camping season. (I'm being sarcastic about the two month camping season!!! Some years we get three.).

beardedone

Beardedone
Thanks for the information Cam. We haven't been able to fix the floor yet and now it will have to wait until next year as I broke my leg and camping is out the window. Between that, the long winter, lousy spring and non existent summer this year is write off!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Gerry, if it were me, I would glue down the bad part and install wood laminate flooring and be done with it. Use the non-glue down type so it can flex.