Our New 2014 Landmark--Key Largo

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Picked up our New Key Largo on August 12th, from Great Lakes Rv..Elkhart. Everything is so overwhelming. A lot to get used to, so much storage. There are a few things that I am not too thrilled about and one is the closet in the bedroom. It is a split closet. One side has a dresser with drawers and only a small area for hang up clothing. A portable Dyson vacuum hanging on the opposite side of the area. The other side of the closet is small again and has 2 clothes bar, one higher and another one lower.

There is a long cupboard along side another dresser that has 4 compartments. The bathroom is awesome with 4 deep storage shelves... huge shower.. Love it.

The flooring in the kitchen looks awful.. It looks like it is always dirty with stuff laying on the floor. Then carpeting in the salon as they call it, looks dirty also. I know that it is clean, but who ever comes in will think that I have a dirty carpet. Yuck !!!

The Tech that works at Great Lakes said that it is what is in style. OMG... Wish I would of seen the carpeting and flooring before we bought it.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
The closet is one of the things we love about our Key Largo...no more moving things out of the way to find what you need on the shelves in back. The over/under closet rods are actually just about what you would have in a "regular" closet if they were end to end. I like having the extra dresser in the closet too.

I wasn't too happy with the flooring at first, but after awhile I realized, even when it IS dirty you cannot tell because it blends with the pattern...as for the carpet, I too wish they would have a higher quality available, but once I vacuum it it looks fine...at least for awhile.

All in all, I am very happy with our Key Largo...the few things that "bother" me are FAR out weighed by the things I love....

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
we love our Key Largo picked it up in March and haven't regretted it. The flooring is dark but u will grow to like it as Kakampers said it does hide the dirt until u clean it as for the carpet yes better quality is always looked for but u have to remember u're buying a camper not a house. I love my closet especially the drawers & shoe rack keeps it always looking new & u will love vacuuming with your portable very powerful & lightweight I had an on board system in my bighorn & what a pain it was and so cumbersome to use. It is overwhelming but believe me u will love all u're storage space. Best of luck with it

Herbiesrig

Kathy, this weekend we are heading for the Michigan rally, 1st time out with it. Yes there are alot of appointments that I do like and like everyone says the rest will grow on you. There is alot of stuff that was in the Augusta that is not going into the Key largo. Thanks, your your insight on your coach..

jbeletti

Karen,

Dan is a handy guy. I suggest you design a new closet layout and give him his orders :) I'm sure it would turn out great.

As for the carpet, consider replacing it with something you like. Most carpet stores have a relationship with another vendor that sew the edges on the carpet for the slide rooms too. Can you imagine what the RV would look like with carpet you LOVE!

Looking forward to seeing your new coach - just not sure where we'll see each other next. Maybe Texas :)

Herbiesrig

3 weeks ago we picked up our 2014 Key Largo and as I said there were things that I was not to thrilled about, mainly the kitchen floor. Well, Dan did alot of modifications and I am "HAPPY -HAPPY-HAPPY.. The kitchen floor was my biggest disappointment. Well, after using PLEDGE floor cleaner and then 2 coats of PLEDGE wax, it looks like what a lino floor should look like.. before it was like walking on dirt and it was dull.. Dan moved clothes rods, added shelves in closets, removed sliding cupboard and added full shelves in kitchen pantry, made spice box for inside a shelf, put a shelf in one of the above cabinets by television. Next week we will be on our maiden voyage with the Key Largo. We are looking forward to spending a week at The Soo Locks before we head to Texas for the winter.

Theresau

Post pics.

Theresa

3 weeks ago we picked up our 2014 Key Largo and as I said there were things that I was not to thrilled about, mainly the kitchen floor. Well, Dan did alot of modifications and I am "HAPPY -HAPPY-HAPPY.. The kitchen floor was my biggest disappointment. Well, after using PLEDGE floor cleaner and then 2 coats of PLEDGE wax, it looks like what a lino floor should look like.. before it was like walking on dirt and it was dull.. Dan moved clothes rods, added shelves in closets, removed sliding cupboard and added full shelves in kitchen pantry, made spice box for inside a shelf, put a shelf in one of the above cabinets by television. Next week we will be on our maiden voyage with the Key Largo. We are looking forward to spending a week at The Soo Locks before we head to Texas for the winter.

Birchwood

Our dealer in New Brunswick has a new (2014) Key Largo.We did a walk through and love the exterior full body paint and many of the other wonderful features.The interior is another story!The biker jacket fake leather sofa and chairs was a complete turn off but we all know the furniture can be changed.The countertops are beautiful!Dining area is very nice also.Bathroom is ok but only a 1 person do everything room.As you suggest the bedroom closet space is inadequate.Most of all with the new Landmarks ,I DON'T CARE WHATS IN STYLE ,THE KITCHEN AND CARPETING THROUGHOUT KEEPS US FROM EVER CONSIDERING ANOTHER LANDMARK.

Theresau

How is the carpet different than in the 2009? Pics on website look like it is the same as our 2010 BH and our 2014 BC - our BH and BC have never looked dirty per se. The vinyl in the BC (wood plank) appeared to us that it could look dirty easily - we noticed that when we checked out BC's at dealers that's the reason we got the BH vinyl. But we did feel that it could be worked on to give it a shine or so....

It's my understanding that furniture is now Broyhill but haven't seen in person yet.

Our dealer in New Brunswick has a new (2014) Key Largo.We did a walk through and love the exterior full body paint and many of the other wonderful features.The interior is another story!The biker jacket fake leather sofa and chairs was a complete turn off but we all know the furniture can be changed.The countertops are beautiful!Dining area is very nice also.Bathroom is ok but only a 1 person do everything room.As you suggest the bedroom closet space is inadequate.Most of all with the new Landmarks ,I DON'T CARE WHATS IN STYLE ,THE KITCHEN AND CARPETING THROUGHOUT KEEPS US FROM EVER CONSIDERING ANOTHER LANDMARK.

Birchwood

How is the carpet different than in the 2009? Pics on website look like it is the same as our 2010 BH and our 2014 BC - our BH and BC have never looked dirty per se. The vinyl in the BC (wood plank) appeared to us that it could look dirty easily - we noticed that when we checked out BC's at dealers that's the reason we got the BH vinyl. But we did feel that it could be worked on to give it a shine or so....

It's my understanding that furniture is now Broyhill but haven't seen in person yet.

We don't have shag carpeting!!!

jjriker

We covered up the majority of the carpet with a large area rug. It looks much more homey and adds some color. :)