Our new 3160EL is coming!!

Oregon_Camper

Hello Everyone.

We are new to Heartland products, but not new to camping or forums. I came from www.outbackers.com, where I'm one of the 3 admins. However, having sold our 2010 Outback, and purchased a 3160EL Big Horn, i felt like I need to come on over to this forum for advise and friendly chat.

My wife and I looked at a LOT of 5th wheels, before finally seeing the 3160....after seeing the 3160 on the inside...we were sold.

We decided to custom order ours with a lot of options, one being full body paint, so we've been waiting since around the middle of November. Estimated arrival is the end of January.

Getting excited to get the new trailer home and filled with all our stuff and taking a long weekend trip to break in the trailer.

Jim
"Oregon Camper"

jimtoo

Hi Oregon-Camper, Jim,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

We have a great search engine on the forum, both simple and advanced. Sometimes that is the fastest way to find an answer instead of waiting on someone to reply. We also have a great "Tools" area with lots of owners manuals and some user guides that are written by folks that actually use the item.

Check out the Heartland Owners Club and join us at a rally when you can.

Enjoy the forum and the wait on getting your new toy.

Jim M

branson4020

Icantre Member
Hey Jim,

Looks like you may be pretty close to us. I'd love to get a look at that full-body paint when you get that rig. Did you order it through Curtis?

Oregon_Camper

BTW...I see this limit on my account (which should be removed soon :) )

What is HOG...HOP...HOC? Also, I tried to create a signature profile, but it isn't showing up. Is this also limited?

your posts will be moderated until you have two posts approved. This is to help catch spammers that may infiltrate the forum. During this moderation period, some of the forums features may not be available to you. Attachments, HOG, HOP, HOC among other things will be unavailable

jimtoo

Hi Oegon=Camper,

You should be good to after the 2nd post now.

HOG= Heartland Owners Guides,, Mostly user guides written by members or folks that actually use the item.
HOP= Heartland Owners Position... Used to locate where you are on google map.
HOC= Heartland Owners Club... The Owners club allows you to attend rallies sponsored by Heartland and also receive a discount on parts when ordered from Heartland. Check it out here. You get an introductory
membership when you purchase a new unit,, but that just allows you to attend rallies. To get the club plaques and other stuff you need to join.

Everything should be open to you now.

Jim M

Hello I am also new to Heartland and will be picking up or 3160 Jan 9th. My wife and I are very excited to move into this rig after a brief stint with a Raptor toy hauler.

Oregon_Camper

Hello I am also new to Heartland and will be picking up or 3160 Jan 9th. My wife and I are very excited to move into this rig after a brief stint with a Raptor toy hauler.

That is awesome! I'll be "friending" you on this forum so we can stay in contact. Might was well cut our teeth together on these new trailers. Please post any issues you might have found on your trailer once it arrives....and of course I'd like to see some pictures! :)

I created a PDI (Pre Delivery Document) years ago and have seen it downloaded ~400 times from my site. I plan on using this when my 3160 comes in and I'm happy to share it with you as (and everyone else here) to help you during the inspection.

Grampafish

Washington Chapter Leaders-Retired
Oregon Camper and nuckollhead welcome to the Forum. We've had our Bighorn for less than two years and it took about 13 weeks for delivery on our customized rig. We have found that the Heartland rallies have been great for speeding up our learning curve. The Oregon and Washington rallies might work out for Oregon Camper and the Nevada, Central and Southern California rallies might be convenient for nuckollhead. You can find links to them under the "Events" heading.

Good luck to both of you. Hope to see you down the road.