Our newest location

jayc

Legendary Member
We are now at the Green Caye RV park in Dickinson. There is a good Heartland representation here, with one Sundance, one Landmark and three Bighorns, not including our's. I'll get around and talk to all of them soon.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Hey Jay,
We are still in Goshen, back at the fairgrounds. We are alone now (only Heartlander). Everyone else finally bailed and went their separate ways. Kinda lonesome. We will be going in Monday morning to the factory for a repair. The best part of being here is the 58 degree temps. Think there will be a "heatwave" with highs in the low 80's this weekend. Don't melt in that heat. See ya down the road. BTW, Heartland made the TV news yesterday and today. They were talking about settling the lawsuit with Jayco on the Eagle name. Of course the news made it sound like it was Heartlands fault and not like Jayco was the crybaby. Later...

jayc

Legendary Member
Jim,
We're sweltering down here in the heat, getting the house ready to sell. I've got the two grandsons to help me today, so I'm taking advantage while I have the help.

Wish we were with you guys out there on the road.

Tom of Ypsi

I wishi we were down there in TX instead of this rainy cool weather we are having here in South East Mi. Since we got here Monday, after being in the Elkhart/Goshen are since May 31, the weather has turned cooler by the day but tomorrow is suppose to warm to the upper 70's. Hopefully summer will start soon.

jmgratz

I'm sure Jay is willing to trade the 100 degree heat for the 60 degree cool. We have had the heater on here in Goshen the last couple of morning. They said on the news that July 1st was the coolest July 1st it has ever been on record here.

jayc

Legendary Member
I heard on the news this morning that we've had 25 consecutive days with 95+ degrees and 7 out of the last 8 days with 100 degrees. Yes, I'll trade any of these for the 60 degree days.

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
Jay:
Sitting over here in Kemah. Have been at Marina Bay RV Park since Jan. This heat is hard on us Northern Boys. Sure do miss Seattle this time of year. Everyone keeps telling me that July and August are worse than this. Sure hope I live through it. lol
Fred

jmgratz

Then on top of the heat you have to worry about hurricanes. Remember, after a hurricane it gets really hot.

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
Thanks for that encouragement, Jim. We are hooking up and getting out of here at the first hint of a Hurricane. lol

jayc

Legendary Member
Ike was enough for me, I'm NOT going through that again!! At the first sign of a storm in the Gulf, we're outa here.....

jmgratz

I remember Rita. It was so stifling hot after it was almost unbearable. When Ike came through a cool front came it and it wasn't too bad. You never know. When it comes to the weather you have to use common sense and stay safe. Even inland you can face a bad threat from hurricanes. During both Rita and Ike we had 107 mph winds at our home which is 140 miles from Galveston.

jayc

Legendary Member
I remember Rita for the evacuation fiasco and Ike for the ferocity of the storm. Having lived in the area all my life, Ike was undoubtedly the worst storm I have been through.

You're right about the cool front after Ike, but being without electricity for 15 days made up for it. I got tired of cold showers after just a couple of days.

wdk450

From the Ceat to the Cool, All in California

Gang:
We are making a 1 week trip this week, the main reason to help celebrate my sister's 75th birthday in Porterville, Ca., near Bakersfield. We pulled into the campground at 4 pm Monday with 106 degree outside temperatures, and 104 degrees inside the BH. Turned on the Air Conditioner, and left for my sister's house. We came back 4 hours later to 80 degrees inside.
The next day we took my sister up to Sequoia National Park, at about 7000 feet altitude. It was 75 degrees there in the middle of the afternoon, while it was 102 degrees in nearby Porterville.
Next day we hung around town, went to a movie, while it was 102 degree outside.
On Thursday we lit out for the coast. I had tried the week before to get into something in the Pismo Beach area, but everyone was packed for July 4th weekend by then. We ended up getting the last space at Betebel RV park in San Juan Bautista, which is still close enough to the Monterey coast to have coastal fog and 60 degrees readings while the central valley is in the near 100's.
We saw a Bighorn headed south on I-5 North of Harris Ranch. Anybody we know??
Have a happy 4th everyone, and remember the men and women who gave and are giving to keep us free.

seamo

Bob and Christina Seaman
Yesterday was a Heartland day. We are in Port Huron, Michigan and saw a Classic Landmark at the Port Huron Township RV Park while we were driving thru the park. No one at home so I am going by there again. Also saw a Big Horn going to the Lakeport State Park (I think). Now this Big Horn you would remember it. Pulled with a white truck with a wind resistence flap on the roof of the truck (can you tell I don't know what to call it) and this flap had the same graphics as the front of the Big Horn--looks sharp.. Are these Heartlander on the forum? Happy 4th, America.

seamo

Bob and Christina Seaman
I went over to met Jerry and Mary--Their Golden Gate 06 looks great and it was good meeting you. Till we met again.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Hey Christina...don't know the Bighorn owners by name, but they were at the Goshen Rally. I remember seeing that truck...can't believe there are two of them out there like that....Kathy