Outlets

Brand new mallard M26, and half the outlets don’t work. Gfci in bathroom is tripped and will not reset. I replaced it still noting. Disconnect load side and still won’t reset. Very weak on tester. Shows something there but not much. No blown fuses. Just stumped.

Thanks for any feedback!

hoefler

Start with the outlet your rig is plugged into. Has this outlet been used before or is it a recent addition? Your rig 50 amp or 30 amp?

rhodies1

Also look outdoors on your trailer to see if you have N outdoor outlet. If so . Check to see if it’s a gfi outlet. Sometimes The bathroom and outdoors outlet are tied together.

wdk450

Get out a voltmeter and measure at your AC breakers/distribution panel. Take off panel cover, measure incoming feeds (left side bottom big wires on mine) then each of the smaller solid wires going from each breaker to the loads. If this all measures OK, my next guess is that you need to pull out each and every outlet and measure its wiring. I posted on the RV insulation displacement outlet connectors (think puny Scotchlock auto wiring connectors) in a thread about someone's microwave not working yesterday.

More examples of no quality assurance checks at the end of the factory production line. How hard would it be to simply plug in a monkeyface tester (3 LED outlet tester) into all the outlets before releasing the trailer for shipment?