Outside Shower Connection

ILH

I was winterizing my Road Warrior today. All went well untill I got to the outside shower. Although I've never used the outside shower, it still needed to have the antifreeze run through the connection.

The problem is that I can't get the quick-connect fitting to properly connect. Is there something unusual I'm missing, or is the connection deffective? By the way, the fitting looks just like the pneumatic connections for my air hose.

Willym

I find the quick disconnect a little stiff sometimes. I have to push the fitting in quite firmly, and wiggle it a bit to get it to properly engage. You could also try lubricating it. Try some "Pam" if you're concerned about contaminating the fresh water system with petroleum based lubricants.

The original fitting on my rig had some carbon steel parts and rusted, and then seized up. I talked to the manufacturer and they sent me a replacement fitting with stainless steel parts FOC. Apparently some fittings got the carbon steel parts in error.

ILH

I still haven't resolved the issue with the quick-connection for the outside shower. The outer sleeve of the quick connect pushes back (as opposed to being pulled forward). However, there doesn't seem to be enough room for the hose connection to fit in before it hits metal. I'm beginning to think either the quick connect fitting or the hose connection are mismatched.

Attachments

• P1020619-resize.jpg
    P1020619-resize.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 52

dglatta

I called the manufacturer when I had this problem with our Landmark Augusta and their representative suggested putting a screwdriver in the opening and striking the screwdriver with a hammer to loosen the connection. I did it and never had another problem with it. Good luck!

olcoon

I was having problems with our outside shower leaking. Seem that somehow the knobs would get turned on, & the lever on the shower head would get locked on, even though it had never been used. It was leaking so bad, that sometimes when I'd discover it had been leaking, there was enough water on the basement floor it would splash! Finally got tired of it, & put a bypass valve on the back of the UDC, and just leave it turned off. If we ever want to use the shower, just have to turn on the valve. I winterized the lines, turned the valve off & don't have to worry about it anymore, plus I've had no more leaks.

ILH

So far no issues with leaking. I plan to eventually use the shower - so as long as it doesn't give me trouble I won't bother with a rear bypass valve.

I'll try the screwdriver & hammer technique tomorrow and report back.