Over the Air (OTA) TV antenna still useful?

TxCowboy

Dave, that looks like a good app. I'll crawl up on top of the RV tomorrow when it's cooler and see what it shows me. :)

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I also use the free 'Digital TV Antennas' app . . . works good, but I still like my $30 signal meter from Camping World the best!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I also use the free 'Digital TV Antennas' app . . . works good, but I still like my $30 signal meter from Camping World the best!
I agree, when I don't have the satellite hooked up that is what I use.

Peace
Dave

wdk450

While at the 2013 Goshen Heartland National Rally, I bought one of these Winegard replacement amplifier wall plates with the signal tuning LED's/audio. These can be used with any other amplifying RV antenna, like the old factory wallplate: http://www.winegard.com/sensarpro

TxCowboy

The King Jack was just delivered so it's #1 on my list of things to do at the RV in a couple of weeks. I'll post here again when it's up and running. :)

JohnD

The King Jack was just delivered so it's #1 on my list of things to do at the RV in a couple of weeks. I'll post here again when it's up and running. :)

Cool!

Don't wait a couple of weeks . . . install it when you get home tonight! (only takes about 2 minutes).

You will be amazed at how much better the King/Jack antenna is than the batwing!

Let us know your results!

In my side yard with the batrwing . . . about 35 channels . . . with the Jack/King antenna . . . over 70 channels!

I have the batwing in storage as I will put it back on our trailer if we trade it in (which just happened a couple of months ago) . . .

The JackTV antenna is the best $40 you could ever spend on any RV!

TxCowboy

RV's at the coast and we're at the SnB. Not fully retired for another couple of years. Won't get back to the RV until the weekend of the 14th. :(

JohnD

RV's at the coast and we're at the SnB. Not fully retired for another couple of years. Won't get back to the RV until the weekend of the 14th. :(

We are able to keep our Prowler at our house with all of the slides extended . . . now it is part of our house!

Part of the reason we haven't sold our house and moved to a nicer neighborhood!

ProwlerInYard-P1000054.jpg NewProwler-P1000050.jpg ProwlerInYard-P1000056.jpg

has anyone heard of or used the following product?

we are in Canada but travel to the USA quite a few times with the trailer
cant pick up anything on our non -Winegard system.

cant get dish network system because not a US resident with a home address and service.
and our Rogers or Bell system require me to carry a sat dish.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 42

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
If you have an iPhone, TV Towers is the app I use. I have not had an android for about 4 years now, so unfortunately, I am not familiar with any good apps for that.

Rod

Have a recommended app?

- - - Updated - - -

We installed the Jack antenna adapter to our stock antenna, which improved our OTA reception an incredible amount! After having it, combining it with the free iPhone app on which direction to point the antenna it has worked amazing! I receive a ton more channels and better quality picture than with the factory installed Winegard OTA antenna. If you have the King Jack, then it has the signal meter built in and there is no need for the app.

mILcOP4523,

A friend of ours just purchased that and when we were camping together a couple weeks ago, and he did not have as good of signal and as many stations as we did with our Jack. If you purchase it, please let us know how it works for you, as maybe he has an issue or some malfunction with his.

Rod

GOTTOYS

I installed a Jack antenna on my old antenna mast. I think it works better but the main reason I installed it was to get rid of the rattle my old antenna had when it was windy. Didn't matter if it was up or down it always rattled when the wind blew. I still use my over the air antenna a lot....Don

Dean-Pam

Agree with Don, replaced the batwing with the Jack and reception is much improved. We still use the antenna a lot.

JohnD

As I mentioned earlier . . . we have the Jack antenna and it is great!

I only use campground cable (which right now doesn't even work in our new trailer) if I can't get any OTA stations.

I bought a signal meter from Camping World that makes finding where the signals are coming from much better that the apps I have in my phone.

TVsignalFinder.jpg

$35 at CW

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
My Bat-Wing Crank-up is still a major asset to my RV - that is where I mounted my WiFi-Ranger ... so it needs to be up to get the best wifi

Kevin