Overloads for truck

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
What are Timbrens? I have been looking for something to beef up my suspension. I wanted air bags, but since I have the under bed rail system for my hitch I don't think I am able to.

I have the Timbrens ,they work excellent in keeping the truck level. They replace the rubber axel stops and are also made of a rubber type material that cushion when a load is applied. Check out www.timbren.com ...Ken

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Check your weight and also see how level you are when towing. Everything I have read (and I could be wrong) has stated having a dually does not increase carrying capacity in fact it may decrease it due to the extra weight of the dually axle. The dually does give more stability and more security in the event of a blowout. I know before I got the airbags on the F350 I would get on the overload springs but with the airbags inflated I don't. Now my truck rides level and is not 'nose' high.

Forrest Fetherolf

Dually increases carrying capacity about 1200 lbs, but you have to deduct the extra weight of the dually from the 1200 lbs. Dually will not increase stability just because it is a dually.........stability is increased by suspension, ie. springs, shocks, sway bars, etc. Dually will not stop any quicker as some people think.

Forrest