Pete's RV

Huggy

I'm considering sales/service from Pete's Rv, the Indiana store. Has anyone here used them? Any thoughts or concerns about them?

NH5er

I bought thru the Vermont location. My experience was less than impressive. Lack of communication was the biggest problem. I have a friend who went thru them also and had a decent experience. I think it depends on who you get for a sales person.
Jim

Dean-Pam

My sister purchased a TT through the Indiana store (she lives in Missouri) and everything was what they expected when they got to the dealership and she said they treated them very well.

Miltp920

We ordered-bought our Cyclone from Pete's in Indiana. They beat our Michigan deal with trade in by around $2000. We did the entire deal over the internet and phone calls. We did not drive to Petes until we had to go sign the papers. We had walked through the Cyclone 3100 in Michigan, so we knew what we were ordering. Our sales lady is no longer there, but we had only good things to say about the sale. The staff there were really good to work with. We only had a few minor issues that came up in our first year of service. I got all those documented at Pete's before our 1 year warranty was up. It did take awhile to get everything I needed ordered, but they did agree to ship it all to my home so IF I wanted to do these repairs, I could (both awning LED strip lights had some lights out-my spare tire carrier failed/they sent the entire metal frame with mechanism so they made that replacement very easy for me - we wanted some wall paper tape and some caulk for the bathroom - fantastic fan switch). We also documented what we felt was an issue with the A/C operation, but we had to take the Cyclone to them for a service technician to diagnose IF there was an A/C issue. We asked if we could bring the Cyclone to them after our 1 year warranty time had expired, but still have it fall under warranty work, since we documented the issue within the 12 months - they agreed. So, we finally got the Cyclone there at 20 months (including winter) to get the repairs done and there was NO charge as expected. I also asked them to look at a post warranty electrical issue, because it was making a chattering sound (we think it was related to a bad campground voltage supply). They did look at it and tightened some lugs - NO charge. We asked them to allow us to drop off in the AM close to opening, and pick up the same day (since it was 1 1/2 hours towing time from our home), and they did exactly that. they even washed it for me after servicing the unit. DW said they must have vacuumed the unit too after their work, because she felt it looked better after than how we gave it to them. When it was time to leave, they spotted me as I hooked up and moved other trailers that were sort of in the way so my exit was less stressful. I really have NO complaints about the actual visit to Petes. Some of the warranty repair discussions on the phone and sending of pictures could have been more organized, the warranty guy said he was wearing a few hats when I was working with him, but in the end everything did work out pretty good. I did call the day before I was supposed to be on the schedule for my warranty work, and when I tried to validate with the service department that my name was actually on the calendar AND the A/C service technician would be working that day, she found that my name was NOT on the calendar - so calling ahead to validate was a GOOD idea. She could have said that I needed to reschedule out but she said, I have your name written in now, bring it here and lets get it done. I think if I had showed up there, they would have fit me in, but my call the day before set the stage for a smooth visit. The people in service were very professional and helpful. When we decide to upgrade, Pete's will be at the top of our list of dealers to work with to find the best deal for us.

brianlajoie

We bought our fiver from them. We travelled over a thousand miles for the trailer we wanted and beat all local dealers including CW's price big time. I would use them again. They allowed the two of us to do our PDI while they put on the hitch. After 5 hours each between us, we found very little to fix. The TV had issues, but they fixed it before we left. We have not been back since the sale - we use a certified RV tech here in Colorado. With any dealer, be sure you do your homework and PDI walkthrough. Have fun with your new trailer.