Picking up my 2013 Bighorn 3585RL Friday!

RCF

My new Bighorn is at the dealer as of this morning!!! Woohooo - can't wait to pick it up on Friday and go camping this weekend!

Anyway, I've already cleaned out our SOB TT. I think I've got everything we'll need initially (water hoses, sewer hoses & fittings, dishes, pots & pans, linens, towels, grill, lawn chairs, tools . . .) already. I did buy a few things specifically for the new one - Progressive Industries hardwired EMS, new high flowrate water pressure regulator, check valve and fittings to replace the vacuum breaker on the black tank flush, etc. I installed the Superglide 18k hitch and in bed plug.

Any tips/advice/essential items I'm forgetting/etc.?

FordMan1966

You will love that floorplan. We have the 2013 Landmark Grand Canyon which is almost the same plan and really like it. Happy Camping!

danemayer

Hi RCF,

Congratulations! It's an exciting time and I'm sure the waiting must be killing you.

If you're going behind the basement wall to be proactive, I'd do several things:

While replacing the valve on the black flush, you might want to also get rid of the plastic check valve coming out of the water heater at the same time. Check for slow leaks at all the water connections while behind the basement wall, including the cutoff valve for the refrigerator water line (if you have that). Check all the water connections on the backside of the UDC.

Take a quick look at the furnace hoses to make sure they're all hooked up and not crushed or pinched.

You might also want to check the coax connectors on the back of the UDC while in there. If you already have the coax tools, maybe just proactively replace the connectors with good ones.

Also check the plug for the Power Converter to make sure it's tight in the outlet. If it seems loose, tie it in place.

While you have the basement wall open, it might be a good time to put a piano hinge on the bottom so you can get back there easily.

You'll have the new style water connection/valve, so make sure the dealer walks you through the operation thoroughly enough that you fully understand all the positions (which are labeled in a way that many people find confusing).

If there are remotes for operating scare lights, leveling, awnings, or other functions, make sure you get them and understand them.

Get out there and go camping!

donr827

Take you time with your PDI. That is the time to correct any minor problems and learn how to use every thing. Enjoy
Don

Westwind

Stay nearby for a couple of days, it might pay off and save you a long trip back to the dealer. Enjoy the ride home, your going to be amazed at how well it tows.

RCF

Thanks to all!

We are staying 30min from the dealer for the weekend. If we find minor issues, they'll fix 'em on Monday and we'll head home from there. Any more serious issues, and we'll leave it and pick it up 2 weeks later when we'll be passing back through anyway. Honestly couldn't have worked out much better!

Pizzaguy

Congratulations on the new rig! We moved to a 3585 this year from our previous 3610 and really love it. One additional thing to check is the nuts on all the sink drains. They have been loose on our last two campers. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

RCF

Picked it up yesterday, so I will start a start a new thread sknce I'm no longer a prospective owner!