Pigeon Forge, TN

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We're sitting in Creekside RV Park in Pigeon Forge, TN, waiting for a car show to start...and what do I see??

Two, count'em TWO, classic Landmarks!! Hard enough to find one but here they are...gonna try and talk to the owners today, don't see any HOC plaques....:)

kakampers

Didn't get to talk to either of the Classic Landmark owners, it is Pigeon Forge, no one stays in the campground for long. However, this is one busy place for Heartlands.

We've been here for five nights...besides the two Classics, there's been a brand new, fullbody paint Landmark that just came from the local dealer, a Big Country and two more Bighorns, and 09' and and 10'...Go Heartland!!:D

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
We are at Camp Hatteras Campground in Rodanthe,NC for the VA Chapter fall rally.
This place is Heartland Heaven. 38 rigs attending plus 2 new ones on display from
local dealer one of them is the 2011 new design Big Country.

Heartland Rocks!!!

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Enjoy Pigeon Forge.We love it up there.Go as often as we can,but have only camped there once. Seems like whenever we do go we are always in a hurry to get there and get back ,so we always stay in a hotel.We only live about 3 hours away but we feel that is to far to tow for just a couple nights.But then again I would if my arm was twisted.Everytime we are there we talk about how nice it would be to camp along the creek at Creekside.I guess we are going to have to just plan a camping trip there and just do it.Right now we are setting at Camp Hatteras Campground in Rodanthe,NC ,for the Virgina Fall Rally.Having a great time.It is nice to finally put some faces with the names.Have fun and be careful.

DMitch

Many Heartland Products stay at that campground in Pigeon Forge. RV's for Less the dealer in Knoxville give each new owner 2 nights there.

rick_debbie_gallant

Enjoy Pigeon Forge.We love it up there.Go as often as we can,but have only camped there once. Seems like whenever we do go we are always in a hurry to get there and get back ,so we always stay in a hotel.We only live about 3 hours away but we feel that is to far to tow for just a couple nights.But then again I would if my arm was twisted.Everytime we are there we talk about how nice it would be to camp along the creek at Creekside.I guess we are going to have to just plan a camping trip there and just do it.Right now we are setting at Camp Hatteras Campground in Rodanthe,NC ,for the Virgina Fall Rally.Having a great time.It is nice to finally put some faces with the names.Have fun and be careful.

I did not know that anywhere was to close or to far to tow, camp and relax:D. Our first trip in our BH was to the State Rally in St. Ignace, mi. That was a 4 hour trip and we stayed for 5 days.:D:D

Our next trip was a whole 5 miles away. And we stayed for a week. A nice campground real close by that we can hide from our kids for a while, And they can't find us, but if an emergency happens we can appear. Going to have to work on cutting them darn apron strings. Did I say adult kids?:rolleyes:

2010augusta

I did not know that anywhere was to close or to far to tow, camp and relax:D.

I too have towed the Landmark to a campground less than 15 miles from home for a week. The wife and I wanted to have some time away from the family that was in town for my brothers wedding, so we left the house for the rest of the family to use.

Two weeks later we towed 2 hours for a weekend get away, and stopped by a drag-race on the way home.

Now for a quick get away, we have a tent and sleeping bags in the basement, if we want to go somewhere that the Landmark can't go, but we're young and tent-camping is still "fun".

Delaine and Lindy

Pigeon Forge....

We will be at Pigeon Forge for our 2011 Rally. Planing has started today. We all are looking forward to our Rally there. Ken I hope you and yours are having a good time. GBY......

TanDumb

Kim and Chris
We will be at Pigeon Forge for our 2011 Rally. Planing has started today. We all are looking forward to our Rally there. Ken I hope you and yours are having a good time. GBY......
Clabough's Campground is a nice one too. Lotsa spacious sites. We always pick the way back a row from the bathhouse, We have stayed there many times are are very happy with it.

tmcran

WOW! We spent a week in Pigeon Forge one night. I thought we would never get out of that town. Ton of traffic.:D

kakampers

Oh it's not that bad guys...at least at this time of year anyway...don't think I want to be here in the summer! The ten mile drive to the venue each day took a half an hour. Traffic wasn't that bad...it's the traffice lights...THEY ARE EVERYWHERE!!!:)

It reminds me very much of Branson, MO....even has many of the very same attractions, only much larger. It's commercial all the way from Rt. 40 south to Gatlinburg, and that's close to fifteen miles.

Delaine and Lindy

Pigeon Forge....

Thanks TanDumb, our Eastern Region director lives close to the park we will be staying at and knows some of the people there. We will have about 120 5th wheels there and the park has some long sites 100' and we can park Truck, 5er and car on the site but were we are now had to park Truck and Car near office because of the Tree sap. And we have had lots of rain, but it been very nice today. GBY....

kakampers

Having a great time...except thought we'd have to evacuate campground last night. Creek came almost up to the top of the ravine, rose probably 15-18 feet! Kinda of scary until the rain stopped last evening...it's back down now and the Sun is shinning! :)

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Kakampers - if you turn right coming out of the campground and follow the road over the ridge, you will see houses built on stilts like beach houses. The housing developement is on the same creek as the campground which seems to flood alot.