Pin box upgrade

Miller0758

I am looking to replace my stock pin box and would like some advice as to manufacturer recommendations, any specific information needed to order and difficulty of installation for mechanically inclined.
Also, should I look into an extended pin box or is this not an option.

scottyb

The only experience I have is with the 5th Aireborne 21K. It has an air bag and a shock absorber. Took me a while to find it's sweet spot but we really like it. It just bolts in place of the OEM pin box.

f250dieseldad

John, I have the Trailair Tri Glide Pin box. It has the shock and air bag. I like it. Took a few minutes to install. I have the extended one. You can see it next weekend.

GOTTOYS

Easy to install. The only lifting is to place on your tailgate. Put a couple of blocks under the pinbox to level it up. Back under your trailer and line it up. Use the front jacks on you trailer to raise or lower it he get it positioned right. Bolt it on. I can do this my self in about 1/2 hour. I have a Trail-Aire Tri-Glide. If I did it again I would use a Fifth Airborne. The airbag on them is enclosed. The Tri-Glide portion of my hitch requires greasing and I get some banging and slamming when starting and stopping. Just my opinion...Don

Sans1

adjusted two now

In my case I needed to raise the pin box to the next position to reduce the distance between the bed rail and trailer. The hardest part on my new rig was the fit was so snug I had a difficult time getting the next set of holes to line up. Using my truck and a floor jack with a selection of wood helped. Probably would have been better with an extra set of hands. I even had to take a fiber (instead of wire) wheel to the paint line effectively polishing it enough to take the edge off and clean up the surface rust.

Miller0758

Re: adjusted two now

In my case I needed to raise the pin box to the next position to reduce the distance between the bed rail and trailer. The hardest part on my new rig was the fit was so snug I had a difficult time getting the next set of holes to line up. Using my truck and a floor jack with a selection of wood helped. Probably would have been better with an extra set of hands. I even had to take a fiber (instead of wire) wheel to the paint line effectively polishing it enough to take the edge off and clean up the surface rust.

What pin box did you go with?

GOTTOYS

Anybody do any price comparison and if so, where would you say the best place to purchase?
Tweety's.com always has the best prices. If they are off they will match anyone. Roger, the owner is a Heartlander. He had just picked up a new Cyclone the last time I was there. Great service and fast shipping. Not affiliated with them, just a satisfied customer...Don

Miller0758

One more question ... I know I have a Lippert pin box but where can I find the model? Thee is a cover on my existing pin box and perhaps that is covering it?

Cjackg

Anybody do any price comparison and if so, where would you say the best place to purchase?

The MorRyde pinboxes can be bought online from several places at good prices, even on Amazon at times. I recently bought mine from an online dealer in Florida, RadAuto.com for $499 delivered, quite a bit less than Tweety's.

jimtoo

Tweety's.com always has the best prices. If they are off they will match anyone. Roger, the owner is a Heartlander. He had just picked up a new Cyclone the last time I was there. Great service and fast shipping. Not affiliated with them, just a satisfied customer...Don

Yep,, Tweety's is a good place to shop, great owner, nice employees. He also supports the Sweetheart Rally that a lot of Heartlanders attend.

Jim M