Pin for rear stabilizing jacks?

Kblock108

Hey guys, made a mistake (3rd time out) by putting my rear stabilizing jacks down. Then, when I was leaving I hitched up and then tried to manually crank them back up ( my motor went out a few months ago) and the little pin in the shaft that cranks the jacks snapped. I got the jacks up, but I have to replace the pin. Anyone know what this is called and maybe the right size? Thanks

Garypowell

I guess from your write up you don't have any of the pieces. My guess is the pin serves a good purpose but you could probably buy something that would work at any hardware store....like a hardened bolt.

If you know the manufacturer call them and they should be able to tell you or if you don't callHL and they can tell whose brand they put on.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Measure the diameter of the hole and then shop for a shear or drift pin to fit it snugly. You might even get away with a cotter pin of the right size. If your motor quit, remove it. On mine, the fitting that the motor drives is the same as the one for the manual crank.

jimtoo

And if your not afraid of a little motor work, you might take the motor apart and check the brush springs. Several have had the brush springs rust and fall apart. Clean it up and use the spring from a ballpoint pen cut to size and have made it work.

Jim M

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It sounds like, by hitching up before raising the rear stabs, you may have put too much stress on them.
Could be that you bent something.
Although the motor is out and the pin is broken, do they feel like they are working smoothly?

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Kblock108

Thanks guys for the info, I have the trailer stored and was hoping to get the part so I can do it while I'm there. I do t even know the name of the part...lesson learned!!!

Kblock108

They work fine now, just the extra pressure and me trying to crank was too much for the pin. What I did since I was all hitched up, was I used the leveling blocks I bought from giant rv, back up and lifted the rear end up. Then I cranked the legs up using some channel locks and it went up quick