Pin weight or hitch problem. Which one?

Bones

@Bones...

I didn't notice in the thread but pardon me if I missed it...can you try towing with your fresh water tank full of water to see if the increased pin weight will affect you issue?

Good Luck!!!

WB

Sure. I don't think it will be much since the tank is only about 47 gallons and close to the mid point between the pin box and axles. That was on my list of things to do next year to try. I'll do that after I re-load the trailer for travel.

justafordguy

I've towed with the fresh tank full several times. It doesn't really make any difference because the the tank is centered up on the front axle so the pin weight doesn't change much at all.

Bones

I've towed with the fresh tank full several times. It doesn't really make any difference because the the tank is centered up on the front axle so the pin weight doesn't change much at all.
Well......There goes that idea of trying to get more weight.

Bones

In the video it appears the king pin and plate are raising up off the turn table. Also it appears that you are not using a Nylon lube disc. One of those will dampen the noise of the king pin plate coming back down on the turn table. And I would choose a different route. Also try to get pin weight higher. Also you could try towing in alt ride height on the RAM air suspension.

You are not running 80 lbs inflation in the rear dual tires on the TV are you? Setting the inflation to match the light load might help, the 65 lbs inflation for the duals is based on 9750 weight rating of the rear axle.

6500 on the rear axle only needs about 37.5 lbs inflation per tire for the load you are hauling. Try 40-50 lbs inflation in the rear tires. That provides 6900 to 8160 capacity on the rear axle.

https://commercial.firestone.com/co...015/FS_TBR_load-inflation-tables_web_2014.pdf

So to put a bow on it. Lower inflation on TV rear tires and get a Nylon lube plate!

BTW run 80 lbs in the TV front tires all the time. And have toe in set to 1/32" not the factory 1/4" to fix tire wear issues on the new RAM duallies.

Chris
Chris,
I'm going to send the truck in for alignment soon. How has your front end been wearing?

SNOKING

Chris,
I'm going to send the truck in for alignment soon. How has your front end been wearing?

Duallies wear the front tires on the outer edge is the factory 1/4" toe in. Have it set to 1/16"-1/8" and the wear will be corrected. SRWs do not seem to have this issue.

Chris

Bones

Duallies wear the front tires on the outer edge is the factory 1/4" toe in. Have it set to 1/16"-1/8" and the wear will be corrected. SRWs do not seem to have this issue.

Chris
You know I did not look at your signature line..:cool: