Pipes frozen need help

I have a 2011 Greystone and even after dripping faucets. Somewhere my pipes froze. I have bathroom cold side works fine. Hot doesnt. All others in fifthwheel including toilet doesnt. I thought these have a heated underbelly. It was 21 degrees last night and has stayed in 20's all day.

How do you turn on heated underbelly or does it come on when furnace is on
Any ideas besides waiting for mother nature to thaw out pipes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

danemayer

Hi g2outfitter,

The underbelly heating is by way of a 2" duct from the furnace, so it blows hot air into the underbelly when the furnace is running. On trailers with a drop frame, the duct is usually positioned to blow air into the area to the rear of the drop frame.

You may have frozen lines in the area around the water pump, behind the UDC. That area may not be getting heat from the furnace. If that's where the frozen pipes are, you may be able to thaw them by hanging a reflector lamp with 150w heat lamp over the water pump. Make sure it's secured well so it doesn't contact anything and can't fall down.

We have an owner-written Water Systems Winter Usage Guide that might help you. Here's a link.

JanAndBill

We've been in ours down to 14 with no frozen pipes. Need to make sure your furnace cycles on when it's cold, so you get heat into the underbelly. There is a 2" duct that may or may not be kinked. When it gets below freezing, I have a reflector, with a 60 watt bulb that I keep on in the basement. Also, just so you know if your hose is hooked up, and freezes, it could wick it's way into your coach. I don't have a heat tape on mine, so I generally disconnect and drain it of a night when it's real cold.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
There is a bunch of information in THIS THREAD.
Look at the posts that start around # 100

Peace
Dave

Thanks Dave. I have been running furnace for a couple hours and all but kitchen and hot are working. I crawled under storage belly. Took cover off thinking I could see length of trailer to place additional heater and look for underbelly heater and its all blocked by wall of 2x2 frame and wood. Not sure how to access under living room back to bunks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

olcoon

With all the issues with frozen lines, it's too bad we can't do like my uncle used to do. He had a large portable welder, & when peoples lines would freeze, he'd hook up the leads to the pipes & within about ½ hr they would be thawed out.