Poor braking discoveries

BooBear

Been complaining of poor braking since way back. 2012 35' Cyclone with about 11,000 miles. Finally decided to replace brake assemblies on one axle to see what would happen. Bought brake assemblies and drums from Redneck Trailers, Lincolnton, NC $488. That was a mess with wrong parts. Then decided to change out the 2nd axle. Bought from etrailer.com $377. Yeah, that's no typo!!

MOST IMPORTANTLY! I found that the right side DID NOT have self-adjusters. Left - yes. Right - no. When I removed the right side drums the star adjusters fell on the ground and were all worn from rubbing. Dave at Dexter had been great before but lawyered up when I told him what I found. So, I've got nearly $900 and a ton of driving and work into a manufacturer's problem.

Finally got into all this as I'm prepping for a 2 month trip. More issues in other posts. Particularly how my water tanks have sagged and the lightweight cross supports.

wdk450

You might want to take advantage of the Disk brake upgrade rally special at Mor Ryde in Elkhart. As I understand it, you don't have to attend the Heartland National Rally in Goshen to get the rally special price. See the "Rally Specials" thread to find the sheet with the special prices.

BooBear

You might want to take advantage of the Disk brake upgrade rally special at Mor Ryde in Elkhart. As I understand it, you don't have to attend the Heartland National Rally in Goshen to get the rally special price. See the "Rally Specials" thread to find the sheet with the special prices.

Never even realized there was this option. With $900 spent already and all new, it'll be awhile before I tackle this again. Thanks for your thoughts.