Poor cooling in bed area

Have Mallard M292, bought May 2016. Has 13500 ac tried every thing I know but very little air in bedroom. I have shut vents on unit in living area to almost closed. Still no or very little cool air to front. Outside temp low to mid 90's temp in bedroom about 85. Faulty ac unit or normal for this tt? Blocked vent? Cleaned small chunks of foam from vents.

Roller4tan

Take one of the vents off in the bedroom and use a flashlight and the camera on your phone to get a picture toward the ac unit to see what you got.

Power247

Also remove the main vent cover for the AC and check that the ducts are sealed in properly. I found that some of the tape was torn on mine. AC blew much better after taping it up good.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Are the vents in the BR an end run from the A/C unit?? If so, maybe the tape used to seal off the ends of the duct have come off. Mine did, installed some block foam to seal it. If this is the issue...push the foam as close to the end of the duct away from the vent.

Last edited:

Bones

Here are some pictures of some work I did to improve air flow. This takes time but it is well worth the effort.

0810161954.jpg 0810161954a.jpg
These are before pictures. I cleaned everything up/ Pulled out the old tape. I used duct tape to seal it all back up then I used the foil tape to cover over. Unfortunately I can not find after pictures.

0810161954d.jpg 0810161954c.jpg 0810162016.jpg

0810162018a.jpg 0810162034.jpg 0810162034a.jpg
These are before and after pictures. I used gorilla tape to bridge the gap to give the foil tape support. When done I put the vent back and trimmed all the excess off.

0810162034a.jpg 0811161954.jpg 0811161958a.jpg 0811161959.jpg

I discovered a long run to the front of the camper and could not see anything blocking the flow to the front cap area. I purchase AC foam from home depot and trimmed to fit. you can see the foam inserted into the duct in the last two pieces.

I plane on doing this mod to the rest of the vents in the camper. It takes time to do this.

Domi

We have an older NT and have the same issue. Found that a clip on fan for ACE hardware works pretty well. Clipped it onto the track that supports the sliding door into the bedroom and it helps to move the air.

It is a different solution if you cannot get more flow. We have not been able to yet.

John

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We have an older NT and have the same issue. Found that a clip on fan from ACE hardware works pretty well. Clipped it onto the track that supports the sliding door into the bedroom and it helps to move the air.

John

We did the same thing in our old Trail Runner and still do in our new Prowler.

We rarely ever run the AC unless we really have too!

CarterKraft

look up the TimK "tent in the vent" mod
That mod seems to have doubled the airflow from my vents, front and rear of the trailer.