Poor water pressure in shower and kitchen sink

maldam

According to the gauge I have just after the outside tap, the campground's supply water pressure is about 42 lbs. However, in the bathroom, at the shower head, it's about 50:50 dribble:jets of water. I've checked the hose pipe, and the inlet on the side of the trailer, and the shower head itself for clogging, but every thing seems to be OK. The water coming out of the bathroom sink taps seems to be fast enough, however, the outside connection is just right next to the bathroom sink, about 2/3 towards the back of the 30' trailer. But water coming out of the kitchen taps is slow, even with the "water saver" part in the head removed. The kitchen and the hot water tank are right at the front of the trailer.

It seems a clogging issue, but I'm not sure what next to investigate.

No outside water filter is connected. I took it out of the hose pipe supplying water hoping that was the problem. The water here in Tucson has a high mineral content.

Any suggestions as to what I could investigate ?

Heartland North Country, 2012, TT, 30KFS

Garypowell

Take the basement wall down and try and follow the lines. It could be that during construction a kink developed that did not cause a break. I am not sure if this problem has just started or been with you from the beginning. Either way the kink theory could stand. If an older unit it might have taken this long to clog up enough to be noticeable or if the problem has been there all along then kink is bad enough to cause the flow problem from the beginning.

You might also take apart any joint that can be easily removed. Like where the line meets the faucet under the bathroom sink. Find a way to direct it into a bucket and turn on the supply and see if the flow is just as bad or much improved. This will help you figure out where the restriction is. And then you can move one way or the other to find the problem.

Keep us posted on what you figure out.

etcmss

do you have a water regulator on the supply?
I had this problem, and really low flow at shower head, cleaned the bath faucet and replaced shower head and hose---did not fix. Later searched forum and found some regulators are low flow and after I removed mine the shower/bath water flow was normal.
Then its get a better regulator to supply your trailer.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
If it's mostly a hot water issue, I would inspect the spring loaded check valve at the top outlet of the Hot Water Heater.

In hard water areas they will jam up and restrict water flow to the hot side. Trace

MTPockets

Had the same problem and finally installed new faucets and removed those little restrictor plates in the faucet; looks like a washer with a small hole in the center. Water pressure is now strong, both hot and cold.

maldam

do you have a water regulator on the supply?
I had this problem, and really low flow at shower head, cleaned the bath faucet and replaced shower head and hose---did not fix. Later searched forum and found some regulators are low flow and after I removed mine the shower/bath water flow was normal.
Then its get a better regulator to supply your trailer.

I removed in line filter - did not fix the problem. Not worried about that as we filter the water we drink. For the rest (washing, dish washing, etc) we'll assume the raw city water is OK !!

I removed regulator - that DID fix the flow problem. Now the problem is that we use all the 6 gallons of hot water too quickly ! Water is cold at end of shower. Ah, what you gain on the roundabouts, you loose on the swings !

Thanks for all the suggestions.

etcmss

try submarine showers to conserve hot water. I put a quick shutoff valve at the shower hose outlet to limit water use during showers. Always have enough
hot (10 gallon heater also).

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If your water heater can be run on both electric and propane, use both heating sources when showering to get faster heating of the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

You need a pressure regulator or one day you'll hook up to a campground that has very high water pressure and you'll damage your coach.

The RVWaterFilterStore.com has a relatively inexpensive high-flow fixed pressure regulator now. About $30 including shipping.

danemayer

Dan, which regulator do you use?

I've been using the Watts 263A for over 4 years, but I can't use it in the winter. It's too bulky for my UDC setup and it would freeze if left outside. I got the Fairview Hi Flow last Fall and have been using it for the past 2-3 months. I did use it at a park with pretty high pressure, and it seemed to do a good job of controlling the pressure. The park we're at now has low pressure, and the flow is still good.

maldam

You need a pressure regulator or one day you'll hook up to a campground that has very high water pressure and you'll damage your coach.

Agreed. But this trailer stays on one campground, and in 9 years, water pressure has never been a problem. So I'm not going to worry about it any more ! We have another smaller trailer that does go to different campgrounds. For that trailer I'll use the water regulator I have, as we never have showers in that trailer, always use the campground ones.

Thanks for the replies.