Popping sound as we walk in fiver

shawnmuir

Well I replaced my hydraulic fluid today and what a pain. I bought a hand pump and was really difficult to get the curled plastic hose to sit on the bottom. Why who ever made this fluid reservoir didn’t install a drain tap or plug on the bottom. Has anyone drilled and installed one as the reservoir isn’t under pressure. Or is there a better way to remove and replace the oil.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flick

Im from Canada camping in Palm Springs on our way to Arizona and cannot locate the fork oil or other additives for the popping issue. Can someone tell me who sells this oil? I went to auto zone, Walmart with no luck. When I get to Arizona I plan on changing the hydronic fluid but want to add the oil additive. Thanks

Lippert recommends 3 different additives that could be used on there website. One of the 3 that they recommended was Torco Racing Fork fluid. I bought it from Amazon and paid $21.45. Sorry I don’t have the link to the product, but the product # was:

Torco T830015CE RFF 15.

I’m sure it will pop up if you punch in this #.

shawnmuir

Lippert recommends 3 different additives that could be used on there website. One of the 3 that they recommended was Torco Racing Fork fluid. I bought it from Amazon and paid $21.45. Sorry I don’t have the link to the product, but the product # was:

Torco T830015CE RFF 15.

I’m sure it will pop up if you punch in this #.

Thanks for the tip but did that. Was talking about draining the fluid method.

shawnmuir

Thanks for the tip but did that. Was talking about draining the fluid method.

Sorry again you did answer my old thread. I did get the fork oil. I thought u were answering the question I just posted today. Thanks again. This is what I got.
7ba8503d623c6e921e54831ad4d2c8b2.jpg

Gaffer

Takes a little time but on two different occasions I have used a Turkey baster to suck out enough to add the fluid. First with Torco which helped some for a while. Then with the Cat fluid which did a much better job. Worth the extra $.

donr827

Since this problem might be taken care with a little work I would not try to tap into the reservoir.