Popup TV on BH3010

dennych1

Has anyone with the BH3010 put a swivel on the popup TV so it will be easier to watch from side recliners.?
I am thinking about buying new BH3010.

jimtoo

Hi dennych1,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you will get some help soon from our other members.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Prairiedog

I have the same setup in the 3610 and I'm not sure you can get a swivel in there unless you don't plan on retracting it ever. There's not much room at all between the TV and the front opening. I could be wrong, but I don't know if you can get away with it.

Don't know about the space for it in the 3010, but I ended up moving a recliner to go face on with the TV. With the way that the surround sound is setup, that middle area is the "sweet spot" for it. Something to think about.

Good luck, and if there is a solution -- I'm sure someone will post it. This site is great for that!

pegmikef

Has anyone with the BH3010 put a swivel on the popup TV so it will be easier to watch from side recliners.?
I am thinking about buying new BH3010.

Yeah we have the same viewing probem and I also don't think there is room for a swivel. What we did is took the eight rubber cleats off of the round metal bottom base ring of the recliners and it makes the recliners a lot easier to slide around on the rug. We just move them so they more or less face the TV. They are easy to slide if you push them from the side. To make a little more room I also moved the table down to the end of the slide with the side against the wall. When we do eat at it we put one chair on the end and one on the side. If there is more than two of us I just set up a card table. Works for us.

happykraut

In our BH3010 we also moved the table into the corner which gives me more room for the recliners. The recliner next to the dining chair is a swivel wallhugger which never needs to be moved. The corner chair we hardly ever use and never gets moved either. For TV watching I swivel the chair towards the TV and the DW is laying on the couch. Works great.