Portable Heaters

TXBobcat

Fulltime
BTW I just ordered a Broan-NuTone 6201 Two Level Heater. Does anyone use one of these? I was reading about it in other forums.

BC

Willym

The answer to that question hinges on the efficiency of your propane heater. For an RV Furnace it may only be 40% to 60% efficient, I'm guessing. The rest of the heat goes out the flue as hot exhaust gases. Electric is 100% efficient.
Check the info plate on your furnace. It shows input and output BTU/hr. On mine this equates to approx 80% efficiency. I have to agree though that this seems optimistic based on the gas temperature at the furnace exhaust.

rick_debbie_gallant

The answer to that question hinges on the efficiency of your propane heater. For an RV Furnace it may only be 40% to 60% efficient, I'm guessing. The rest of the heat goes out the flue as hot exhaust gases. Electric is 100% efficient.

I did not want to get way out there with my post. Just pointing out the different fuels, costs btus etc. yup that efficiency is a bite. we use a big buddy propane heater when things get really cold.

MC9

Rick, I understood perfectly. I went to Walmart and bought one of the Lasco tower type heaters. They oscillate and a bunch of other stuff. $45. Since our Sundance is a 30 amp model I drilled a 1/2 in. hole in the rear and run an extension cord to the pedestal. (what you call your dedicated circuit).