possible e-coli contamination

Bobby A

Our county where our campground is sent out a letter on Friday to not use the water, we are still waiting the test results that are suppose to be tested today (Monday). I will have to bleach out all lines including the hot water tank when the all clear is given. My question is can I use the winterizing hose in the UDC just don't turn the water heater by pass, turn the pump on and put my bleach and water solution in the hose and start opening up faucets ?? Thank you

Dahillbilly

don't see why you couldn't; that way everything is sanitized, I've seen other posting where if the bleach leaves an after smell to use some white vinegar to remove that. Can't remember the mix ratio. Look in the tools tab above & it might be there

Bobby A

don't see why you couldn't; that way everything is sanitized, I've seen other posting where if the bleach leaves an after smell to use some white vinegar to remove that. Can't remember the mix ratio. Look in the tools tab above & it might be there
Well personally I like the smell of bleach, thanks for your input.

Bobby A

UPDate,
Got a call this afternoon that all is clear and we can resume water usage. I guess it was a false alarm anyway, they tested all the wells twice and all is good. Apparently they did suspend usage for precautionary measures, so they say. I will be bleaching my lines and everything else that water may have touched !! We are glad.