Possible electrical issue?

Hello all,
My wife and I are first time camper owners and will be moving into ours full time starting October 1. We just bought our 2019 Heartland Mallard M25 about a month ago. My wife has been busy renovating the inside while I'm away on deployment. The trailer is currently parked at the house we've been living at and not hooked up to power. My wife has been able to get by without using any power thus far, as the batteries died and we had to wait for our dog bone to come in to plug it into the house power. Today she plugged it in, and only some of the lights came on. Looks like theres three switches all together by the kitchen door and none of the lights from those switches will work, so basically the kitchen and main living area lights are not coming on. We aren't positive that that is what the switches control, but those lights seem to be the only issue. Other lights, refrigerator, outlets all are working. I had her reset all of the circuit breakers and none of those fixed it. Someone had suggested checking the GFI which didn't make a whole lot of sense to me (maybe the GFI controls more than I thought?), but she reset it anyways and it didn't fix anything either. I'm having her check the fuses tomorrow, but in the meantime, does anyone else have any tips or ideas as to what the issue might be? Thanks in advance!

wdk450

I don't know your model, but the one thing i can contribute is that traditionally ALL of the lighting has been on the 12 volt DC (Battery and converter/charger) supply. If I was troubleshooting this I would start by checking all of the 12 volt DC fuses in the 12 volt DC fusebox (not AC power circuit breakers).

Page 25 from this document has details on checking out the 12 volt DC fusebox, but doesn't exactly describe where yours is in your rig:https://manuals.heartlandowners.org/manuals/User Guides/Electrical V2.pdf

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Check the switch panel itself, I have seen the connections on the back of a 3 switch panel overheat (white wires turn brown) and the switch quits working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk