Possible new Heartland owner looking for suggestions.

Fonz46

I'm a new forum member and this would be my first post. This forum is fantastic and contains an amazing amount of information. I've read many threads and have picked up a lot of useful information, but would like some specific comments on my pending transaction. I'm in negotiation with a dealer on a new 3570RS and am requesting any info or information that might be useful in what to be aware of before closing the deal. I wonder about the operation and reliability of the Norcold 4 door refrigerator, the Lippert level up system, the Tow Max tires, and any other component of the rig that you guys have had issues with. I've been very impressed with the fit and finish of the BH and seems to be one of the better built rigs I've looked at.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Fonz46,
Welcome to the Heartland forum.
The one thing you asked about that jumps out at me are the Towmax tires. There have been numerous issues with them. I would request an upgrade to Goodyear G614 "G" rated tires on 110psi rated rims in the deal.
I'm sure others will jump in with some other opinions.
My Heartland Bighorn is my fourth RV and is by far the best build quality. Heartland's customer service is also second to none in the RV industry, IMHO. Trace

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you are negotiating on a rig to be ordered, you might be able to get the residential refrigerator option. I don't know, but it might be worth checking into.
As far as the Norcold, as far as I am concerned they are all equal.
A while back many had problems with the Dometic RM1350 4 door. So Heartland listened and changed over to the Norcold brand.
Then there were problems reported with them.
But I would have no problem getting the Norcold.
We have the Dometic 4 door and have not had an issue in three years.
Go figure.
The Level Up is awesome. I would recommend it.
And like Trace said, avoid the Towmax tires.
There are things we would not be without. Large 4 door refer, Level Up, fire place, slide toppers, upgraded pin box, dual AC and dual pane windows.
Good luck on your negotiations.

Peace
Dave

Grey Ghost

We have owned Jayco and Alfa trailers and 5vers in the past. We like the Heartland 5ver brand and they have been very helpful on many occasions. We have a GreyStone, they don't make them any longer, got lucky and got one of the last. Really enjoy it a lot. Get rid of the Tow Max tires, they are junk!! Spoke with Heartland service and they agree, but said they could not do anything about it since that decision is made high up the food chain. I have put new Michelin M/S 2's on my rig and feel much better and safer. Have fun, enjoy your rig and be safe out there. :cool:

Fonz46

Thanks for all the responses. I was pretty much sure that the tires were suspect, but the thing I'm most concerned about is the Norcold refrigerator. Would love to have the residential model, but we're fixing to head south for the winter and won't have time to order a new rig and cannot find one in stock. Can anyone elaborate on what type problems the Norcolds are having. This particular rig has the fridge on a slide and the vents are on the slide.

jimtoo

Fonz46, do you have a problem with your keyboard? Or is that a secret code your trying to send out? :)

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Fonz46... Hi Joe. See you made it on the forum.. As we discussed this is a great place to get good information. I would get the Yetti package, dual pane windows, dual A/C,

Also, if someone would confirm for me the Bighorn has a 2 year warranty... Is this right guys??

I have known Joe and Cricket for a long time.. Take care of them guys...

BTW Joe .. Your apostrophe is throwing in some weird characters such as I'm for i'm... and such..

BC

Fonz46

I don't know what's going on with the weird characters in my post. When I typed the post, it was correct, but after I submitted it, it threw in the junk.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I don't know, but you might try the compatibility mode if you are using Windows 7 or 8. I have to use it on this forum with my windows explore.

scottyb

Thanks for all the responses. I was pretty much sure that the tires were suspect, but the thing I'm most concerned about is the Norcold refrigerator. Would love to have the residential model, but we're fixing to head south for the winter and won't have time to order a new rig and cannot find one in stock. Can anyone elaborate on what type problems the Norcolds are having. This particular rig has the fridge on a slide and the vents are on the slide.

We've had our 4-door Norcold for 1-1/2 years and we have loved it so far. We keep it on year round and keep it full of bottled water and frosty beverages when we are at home. They say they are much more efficeint when full.

Fonz46

Just wanted to say thanks for all the replies and to let everyone know that I decided to pull the trigger and purchase the 3570RS with residential fridge. We're looking forward to becoming Heartland owners and expect to take delivery in about 10 days. Yea!!!!!!!
smile.png

jimtoo

Welcome to the Heartland family Fonz46.

When you go for pickup,,, do a very good PDI and get anything you find wrong adjusted or repaired.

You will make lots of great memories and meet lots of great folks at some rallies also.

Jim M

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
Hi Fonz46!
Welcome to the Heartland family! As the SC Heartland Owners Chapter Leader, I hopw you will start making plans tp join us next Sept for the South Carolina Chapter Rally near Myrtle Beach. //heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...gs-9-12-2014-to-9-14-2014?p=327164#post327164
We would be glad to have you. Also keep an eye our for NC Chapter Rally that will be put on by Lance and Kem Duguay. Although we don't want them to know it, they are pretty good people and just had a great rally in Waxhaw, NC.

I'm not far away in Rock Hill, SC so maybe we can get togehter sometime for a campout as well!

Phil