Pouring concrete for RV extension on driveway--rebar or mesh?

I am getting ready to excavate and pour for a driveway extension to accommodate (eventually when we purchase) a Class A. We're planning on putting down a gravel bed that we'll compact and then pouring 4-5 inches of 3000 PSI concrete... trying to determine whether we should use mesh or rebar or any other input on suggestions. On a side note, we've already designed in small manholes with RV hookups we'll be installing for sewage and plumbing but interested in any experience/suggestions on the concrete pour. We're in SC and clay soil--pretty solid.

Piperflyer

Because of the weight of a Class A I wouldn't pour any thing less than a 4500 lb mix with at least 6" of concrete if it were me. Fibermesh would be my choice of an ad mixture to the concrete with either mesh or rebar.

How thick should gravel sub-base be? I did have one person caution me on dangers of more brittle concrete at higher than 3500 psi but we could add fiber mix. I can park tires (or jacks) on plywood or stands to distribute weight as well.

rhodies1

I did just st this task last year. My cousin has worked in the concrete business for 40 years ,so here’s what we did with no issues,
1 - excavate14 inches of soil
2 - place 3/4 inch crush run in the hole about 3 inch deep at a time and compact thoroughly and leave approx 7 inches for concrete.
Yes,with the weight of a Class A you’ll need to ensure it’s thick enough.
3 - place down 6 by 6 inch square mesh
4 - use 5000 psi with air concrete and level and broom finish and once it hardens enough keep it wet for a day or so..prevents shrinkage and cracking.
5 - cut your concrete at 6 by 6 foot squares, this will prevent it from cracking.
I completed this last year and no cracks .