power cord rewind

danemayer

If the power reel fails, is there a way to get the shore power line out and put it away?

Probably not easy to do, and likely hard to reconnect. One past suggestion to deal with a motor failure is to wrap it around the ladder and tie it down, then get it fixed when you get home or to a dealer.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If the power reel fails, is there a way to get the shore power line out and put it away?
I don't think so. If mine ever fails I will pull it out as far as it can go and strap it to the ladder till I can get it fixed.
The OP has not been back since his last post six days ago. It would be interesting to hear if he did contact Heartland and why have 4 motors failed.
Something is not right there.

Peace
Dave

Desertrat

I just got tired of fighting with my dealer and the trouble of taking the trailer in to get the thing changed. The tiny motor would not drive the reel with the heavy cord. I asked if a lighter cord was available. The whole design was not well thought out. The motor looks like something that was meant to be run by a battery, it was also very poorly geared. Had I known of the poor design I would never have opted for this feature.

kowAlski631

We've used ours at least once a week when changing locations for a year now. No problems ever. Just don't get what's going on with yours.

Paul & Martha

Life's too short. Live so you can say "Remember when" not "I wish I had".

Gizzy

Maybe we got lucky with ours. It has worked just fine for 3 yrs and over 24,000 miles with no problems at all. Can't imagine NOT having it.

bdb2047

Ours is over 3 years old without any problem. One thing g I do is to pull cord by hand to reel before winding with motor. You can tell difference in sound of motor when it not pulling the entire length.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I've had zero issues with ours either. Sounds like the dealer is not replacing with the right part or something. Mine has worked flawlessly for over three years now.