Power King Tow Master Tires

Lynn1130

I moved on quite sometime back. I just thought it polite to respond since I did not see your question :) Thanks for your concern.

knorth1

I had read here that these tires have been a problem for some and found out the hard way that this is a fact. With that in mind I have been careful about keeping tire pressure at the recommended settings. 40 miles out of Tucson on a 70 degree day and smooth road I noticed that something was "flapping" on the side of the trailer so I pulled off to check. It turned out to be the fender above the right rear tire. The tire had just thrown the tread but was still inflated. It did not take long for the tire to go flat and had I not seen the damage when I did the problem would have been more dangerous. After calling the number for road service listed with the tire information in my owner's packet and having the spare put on I went to the nearest Discount Tire for a new set of tires. I am waiting for a call from the tire company to see about damage repairs but this could have been much more of an issue had the tire gone flat before I could get stopped.

This is really not acceptable, especially considering these tires have less than 3000 miles and have been properly aired on all trips.
I had the same tires on my Greystone 5th wheel and had a blowout at just over 2500 miles and 20 months after new purchase.
I had considerable damage to my wheel well and outer moulding. Upon inspection at discount tire I replaced all 4 and the rep. showed me 8 other PKTM tires replaced earlier that day. I check tires before each trip with out fail and am equally concerned about the mfr.

tammyinwv

We bought our 2013 cyclone last Fall. The tires still have like new tread. On the way home on the interstate from our last trip about a week ago, my husband stopped for gas, checked the tires and felt a huge, softball size hump on the inside edge of the back tire. He immediately pulled it out of the way and put on the spare. I called the warranty company and was told we have a 5 yr warranty from date of manufacture. They told us where we could take the tire locally to be inspected. The tech there said it was definitly a defect, and even commented he was familiar with them being called a "China Bomb". The woman runnign Appalachian Tire in Clarksburg...Trina, said she would meet him out back, but when the tire was brought around she wasnt there. The tech took it in, then later brought it back out and said we would get a call from the company. The next day the warranty company called and said Appalachian tire told them they determined it was from impact and NOT defect and therefore denied warranty coverage. We threw a fit with them because it had never been in impact with anything. They are still like new. I then called Appalachian back and complained, she said that they "thought" it was defect until close inspection and found a mark. i told her I would bring it back in and they could show me this so called "mark". She had an attitude and said they didnt want the tire back. My husband said they asked him if he was going to replace the tires and he told them prob not till next yr, and they copped an attitude thinking they werent going to get a sale.
Heartland HAS to take head of all these complaints. WHat good is a warranty. Most people that are putting this much into campers, would definitly pay a extra $500 or $1000 dollars to get decent tires right of the bat. Does someone have to die FIRST?

Lost 3 after 3,000 miles on Highway I10(within 500 miles). Lost one side of trailer. Would have lost both sides if not for TST tire monitoring system. TST gave me time in 2 cases to pull over. The second tire exploded. To get back home I had to buy in total 3 replacement tires, not the ones I would have picked... This last week I bought 5 Goodyear G614s, bringing to 14 the number of tires I paid for in less than a year, including the original on my 2013 Cyclone 3010.So I have one with 3500 miles, one with 200 miles and 3 tires of different brands with under 100 miles... The 3 Temps cost me 500 bucks. The G614 RSTs cost me 303/ea at a Good Year dealer in town, plus valves and balancing and sales tax.. so around $1740. The repair to my Trailer will be around 2K. The Goodyears are "G" rated 14 ply, the Max Tow were 10 ply "e" rated. The Goodyears weigh about 25lbs( 60% more) more each and are US made. I would not think of using anything less than "F" rated. The other cost were missed stays/reservations, ruined trip, as we sat in parking lots and the time to get new sets of tires and the 4 weeks till repair. I would not advise anyone to keep these tires on, it will cost you more to keep them in the end and sitting on the side of roads is life threatening and there s also the chance of a fire. Heartland needs to up the price 1K and save us all a couple of thousand in the first 12 months. The rims were fortunately 110PSI, so I could stay with the originals. A warranty is worthless in the middle of nowhere on the side of a freeway, and I only kept the one that exploded. I did not think when the first one went, that the others would all go in short order. Also note the 80 aspect ratio(lighter tires) is rarer than the 85 aspect ratio as with Good Year. I found no other tires but the Good Year rated "G" except one by Power King, thanks but no thanks... Better to pay 20 bucks more for the Good Year.