Power Problem: 3670 Kitchen slide

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
120 Vac is absent at the fridge outlet and the outlet next to the range hood.

I'm lazy and haven't reread everything, but did you check the connections in the junction box under the slide? Since we've had no luck trying all of the circuit breakers, including the infamous GFCI outlet, the next undesireable phase is to drop the coroplast and trace the input to that junction box under the trailer to the main panel. It appears that both the microwave and the refer/range outlet are fed from that box, but they have to be on two independent circuits.

RoadJunkie

THIS PROBLEM HAS BEEN RESOLVED!!! YEAH!!!

As promised, here are the details:

In our last episode, our story hero was last seen confirming there was no power at the junction box underneath the kitchen slide and thus no power to the fridge and outlet adjacent to the range hood. Seeking to obtain a schematic from the factory, I (the hero, in this story...just ask DW) was told there were no schematics. But wait, there was someone at the factory who seemed to recollect how the wiring was run back in the old days. They seemed to think the wiring was run from the breaker along the dining room and back wall to the computer outlet...eventually working it's way to the fridge. Well, they were wrong, but it led me to the computer outlet. It turns out the fridge circuit--on my '10 3670--is fed from the fireplace breaker. I had always thought that the fireplace was a standalone circuit. Anyway, I think the line goes from the fireplace breaker to the computer desk outlet and then to a junction box behind the fireplace. A line then goes to the fireplace outlet and another line goes through the floor and down to the junction box mounted to the frame beneath the TV/Office slide. There are several connections in the junction box, but the line that extended through the floor connects with a line going back into the bowels of the rig and hidden by the undercarriage cover. Here is where my problem was. The neutral wire from the source wire was not making contact with the downstream wire that runs to the junction box underneath the kitchen slide. A reconnect with the wire nut solved the problem. Yeah!

By the way, did you guys know there is a subwoofer behind the fireplace? You did? Really? I didn't.