Pretty dead here why?

Burnsze15

It seems the site just kind of died. Kind of a shame. I wonder why. Has everyone gone to another site?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Are you referring to the Heartland Owner’s Forum in general, or the Cyclone section?

I’ve been a member here since 2009. As Facebook took off and younger folks began to be the majority of new owners, Facebook became a quicker access point and faster response from like-minded folks willing to help.

This forum is owned by Heartland, but Heartland corporate has never really managed the content. The forum was the brain-child of Jim Beletti, an owner when Heartland was just starting out. It grew, he became a Heartland Employee as Director of Owner’s Interests, and Jim added additional owners (volunteers) as moderators. In the 20-teens, this forum was THE place to connect and share and learn and report issues and get fixes.

As Facebook has grown in popularity, now it seems to be where most owners share pics, ask questions, and connect.

Now Jim Beletti has retired, and some of the moderators have as well. So without some of those “experts”, there is also little less activity here than before.

I hope that helps explain it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYSUPstater

But if you really want true 100% advice pertaining to "X" brand of a HL product, ask here. Shoot just look at old TL's forum. It's not the same and ones remaining IMO are the "old timers" who don't care about the new RV forum and yet are very knowledgable ones

sengli

I still find this forum very valuable and I check in quite often. But then again and dont really do the fakebook thing.

09Busaman

I like it here too, I come and look at new threads regularly, add content where I can. I dont have FB so thats a no go for me.

Dahillbilly

going to agree with the comment TravelTiger posed above. I've been using the site for about 3 years now and check it everyday(several times); still learn things. There are so many sites(groups) nowadays some have went else where, I checkseveral myself. I will keep using this site helping when I can.