prewired??

diamondl

We have a 2013 3260RL that came without a ceiling fan. Someone suggested that it was prewired for said fan but just never installed. If that were true how would I know, and how would I locate the box? Anyone have anything??
diamondl

brianharrison

Ceiling fan (120V) or Fantastic fan (12V)? Most roof vents have 12V power to them to be able to install a "Fantastic Fan" or equivalent. Some also have 120V to install a second AC in the upstairs bedroom.

I am not aware of any 120V boxes in the ceiling to install a 120V ceiling van. Or reinforced structure.

Brian

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I moved your post to the 120 volt AC section, but after reading Brians post I may have to move it again.
Are you looking for a 12 vent fan or a ceiling fan for the living room.
The Heartlandrvs web site states that the Bighorn should have a ceiling fan installed.
Let us know exactly what it is you are looking for.

Peace
Dave

diamondl

Sorry I didn't explain myself better. I was wondering about a 110 volt ceiling fan, and it almost looks like it wouldn't fit above the main slide. It looks pretty tight up there. And it would probably need some structural help too, as brian said. I didn't even notice that it didn't have one until we had stayed in it about a week in the 90 degree heat of Denver.
diamondl

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The ceiling fans are set into the ceiling in a shallow plastic "box." They don't have a long shaft and the blades just clear the closed slides by an inch or two. On mine, there is a piece of wood that the motor is attached to, under the box. To get a better idea, try going to a dealer and look inside some models. Might call Heartland for more info, as well. I don't think the ceiling fan is something you have to option in.