Price of Ashland vs Redwood 38GK

chuitt

We are looking at these both units. The Ashland seems to have better hardware (third AC, Goodyear tires, 8K axles, heated tanks), than the Redwood, for 15K$ less. What gives? Is there something hidden, something cheap in the underlying construction? I have always heard If its too good to be true, it probably is. Any thoughts.

Westwind

How about the dealer wants it off the lot and the factory is helping him do that. If you can upgrade the tires and add an AC and still save money it might be worth it. $15K is a lot of money in my book. If you seem to be leaning toward the Ashland go back and wave the Redwood under his nose. Maybe he can budge on the price.

chuitt

How about the dealer wants it off the lot and the factory is helping him do that. If you can upgrade the tires and add an AC and still save money it might be worth it. $15K is a lot of money in my book. If you seem to be leaning toward the Ashland go back and wave the Redwood under his nose. Maybe he can budge on the price.

Im sorry I failed to write it clearly. The Ashland is cheaper than the Redwood.

GOTTOYS

Some dealers want to make a lot more profit than others. Take the "list" price minus 30-35% which is what you should be able to deal them down to, and compare both. That way you are comparing apples to apples. I myself think a Landmark is a much better unit. You don't see as many new Redwoods as you did when they first came out. ..Don

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Down load the HL MSRP from the forum. Add up all the options you want, then deduct 25-30% off that number. Then go make your deal on the Ashland. Dealers make up their own MSRP's and sometimes they have a $20 to $30 K markup from dealers cost per unit.

Westwind

I used the MSRP data on the Heartland forum to price out my FW which was on a dealers lot and added some items I wanted, I then took off the 30% and dealt with the dealer and let him know I was going to buy a trailer from him or another dealer since he had the model I wanted on his lot. The dealer wanted to sell the trailer and we made a deal that we were both happy with. Hopefully you will find a dealer that will work with you.

ksucats

I see from your avatar that you are from Arizona - I'm thinking you might be dealing with LaMesa. If so we were also working with the same co but in Albuquerque a few weeks back. La Mesa orders many many units and has them all over the states (Florida, NM, AZ as I recall there are a few others but memory is not as good as it used to be.) In any case they are working to get the 15s off their lots as they have many 16s coming in. Great deals - I spoke with their district rep who gave me this information. So, long story short, the price right now on the Landmark 365s is great if they have what you want in stock. In our particular case we were looking for the Yeti package which none of them had. Now if we can just get such a great deal on a 16 LOL.