Problem with blowing fuse on landing gear 2011 Sundance XLT 285BH

kc81c

Hi I'm new here and hoping someone can help me out. We bought a used 2011 Heartland Sundance XLT 285BH. It looks like new and for the most part worked great on our one week trip. We sorted out a lot of issues both little things that weren't done right by the factory and mostly problems the previous owner had created before we left. Now that were home I want to address one of the last tow issues that is driving me crazy. The fuse on the front landing gear keeps popping if we run it up to far and occasion when we first start lifting it when unhooking. The biggest problem is I don't know what size fuse was supposed to be there cause the previous owner had replaced with the wrong style of fuse completely. I know that the power is first run through a 30amp circuit breaker then goes to this fuse block before going to the switch and then the motor. I have tried both 30 and 40 amp fuses and it always blows the fuse before throwing the circuit breaker which doesn't make sense to me. I know the one easy solution for part of it is not to run it up as far but I still have a problem occasionally when unhooking. Does anyone have an idea what the proper size fuse is and why I can't get the circuit breaker to throw before the fuse. It would be a lot easier if the breaker kicked out before I blew a fuse. Thanks for any help.

megacabby

I had the same issue on our new BC when I've tried to disconnect the BC from the truck on the first day that I've brought the BC home and noticed the landing gear not lowering. After looking for a fuse behind the fuse panel and not finding any blown fuse, I've called the dealer and they've indicated that the fuse that controls the landing gear was just above the 12V battery and not in the fuse panel. Once locating the fuse, I called the dealer back as I did not have a 30amp fuse and ending up taking the BC back to them.

Although this was after business hours, the sales manager came out and replaced the fuse and indicated that when I've raised the landing gear to its maximum making contact with the safety brake (metal welded onto the landing gear to prevent "over raising") for an extensive time of seconds, the fuse will than "trip" and stop the landing gear. A neet feature to have to save the landing gear but, a good scare for the maiden voyage home of the new BC. :cool:

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I did the same thing when we had our Sundance, maiden voyage out I could not unhook. Called the dealer and same story let the landing legs come all the way up. I put a paint line on mine so myself and more especially DW would know where to stop.

Welcome to the HOC and I think you'll find most of your questions someone has experienced it and can help you. Lot's of info here.

Enjoy the new Sundance.

sjs731

I did the same thing when we left the dealer last year. Ran the gear all the way up and left for the 10 hour drive home, pulled in the yard in the dark and couldn't get the gear down. Tried the crank and at first couldn't turn them down then they finally let loose. The next day I called the dealer and he said that is a common call that they get and that they need to remind people. I believe it is a 40 amp fuse. I also put a paint line on the leg by the switch about an inch down from fully raised and it hasn't happened since. I've never had one blow just trying to unhitch. Not sure what is causing your issue there.

Steve
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpdoggett

Well guys this is better than what I had on a SOB when you have to have the gears all replaced cause the system will not stop or blow the fuse

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Painting the upper leg with a limit line will end the blown fuse issue. (30 amp, green) This is a common problem.

Attachments

• IMG_0101.JPG
    IMG_0101.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 47

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Take the fuse out and install a 30 amp circuit breaker. If you goof, the breaker will reset and all will be well. In the 5 years we have had our Horn, I have never had to run the LG all the way up or down. I let the feet take up the slack...not the main tubes. JMHO