procedure for landing gear drop

porthole

Retired
FWIW, I also chock the tires and install BAL chocks between them (haven't ordered the Roto-Choks yet).

I used the Bal chocks on our 29' TT. As an experiment I chocked both wheels with the Bal's, put the truck in drive took my foot off the brake and both chocks popped out. Don't use them anymore.

Of course it may heve been because it was a GMC :D

For now I use 6 rubber chocks.

Attachments

• Chock.jpg
    Chock.jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 13

caissiel

We were using certified chocks on our warehouse trailers and one time the forklift bumped the trailer and on his return the ramp fell down and the forklift fell backward on the way out. We then had to add weight to the chucks in order to be safer. Maybe pavement might be ok but where there is dirt, even on the pavement its easy to slip.

porthole

Retired
I was referring to this style of Bal Chocks

41cfUk0ObFL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

jnbhobe

I use the Roto-choks the first thing in and the last thing out. The rig will not move with them in place. WFM JON

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
They seem impossible to move once they've been secured properly. With one tire rotating down and the other up, it should not just "pop" out. It is possible that the ones that flew out were the smaller, less expensive version of them. In attempting to save a buck or two, the less than wary might have tried using them (for smaller trailers with closer tire spacing) instead of the correct ones. Just a guess.

Duramax1

A note of caution, whether you are using the Bal or the Rotochoks (which is what I have) make sure to tighten them a few hours after you have set up camp as when the tires cool the space between the tires will increase.