Progressive Renewal Skyrockets

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
So far USAA subcontracting with Fleet Priority Services has us fully covered at $320 a month with $4 more for full replacement cost content.

$320 a month? Is this a typo?

I just requested a quote from Blue Sky. From their website, it appears they offer a wide variety of coverages. Lately I've been thinking of just going with coverage for Actual Cash Value. With Blue Sky, you don't get an instant quote, they e-mail it to you. We'll wait & see. We have almost 2 months left with Progressive.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
What amazes me is how much the premium varies from agent to agent. I guess some jack up the price to make more profit.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador

I just requested a quote from Blue Sky. From their website, it appears they offer a wide variety of coverages. Lately I've been thinking of just going with coverage for Actual Cash Value. With Blue Sky, you don't get an instant quote, they e-mail it to you. We'll wait & see. We have almost 2 months left with Progressive.

Ray...call them. Sometimes their online quote is WAY off base!!

kowAlski631

Agent to agent or company to company? If using the same ins company & getting different rates on the same coverage from agents, then you should report that to both the ins company & to your state regulatory board for insurance.

danemayer

Our Geico coverage is still pretty reasonable. We're insuring the truck and our car, and the Landmark. The RV policy has Collision and Comprehensive Total Loss Replacement Cost Coverage (described below). Deductible on Collision is $500 and $200 on Comprehensive.

6 months coverage on the Landmark is $341.75 before discounts. Annual coverage is $683.50. That's for Austin, TX and covers us continuously through the year. If the trailer is less than 5 model years old, and is a total loss, they pay for a new current year trailer.

Here's the policy language describing the RV coverage:

INSURING AGREEMENT
If you pay a premium for Total Loss Replacement Cost Coverage for your covered auto, the limit of Liability for a total
loss, subject to the applicable deductible, is as follows:
1. When your covered auto is, at the time of loss, the current model year, or first through fourth preceding model
year will be:
(a) If you choose to replace your covered auto, we will pay the cost of a new vehicle that is, to the extent possible,
the same make, class, size, and type, and which contains comparable equipment to your covered auto; or
(b) If you choose not to replace your covered auto, we will pay the original documented purchase price.
2. When your covered auto is, at the time of loss, in the fifth through seventh preceding model year we will pay the
higher of the actual cash value, at the time of loss, or the original documented purchase price you paid for your
covered auto. If at the time of loss you do not provide proof of the documented purchase price, our limit of liability
will be the actual cash value of your covered auto reduced by its salvage value if you or the owner retain the
salvage.

ParkIt

Ack. You are correct, $320 per year​.
It went up $10 last year.