Propane Regulator

worradr

I have a 2009 Heartland Landmark Pinehurst. I'm having a problem getting propane to my stove top and oven and my furnace is not igniting either. When I open the LP tank valve I smell propane, when I shut the tank valve the gas odor goes away. It's been suggested that the regulator may be faulty, apparently a common problem. Does anyone know what regulator I should replace mine with? What regulator is OEM? I have two 30lb LP tank compartments and the regulator located in the off-door compartment has a control to switch between tanks. Any help or recommendations would be appreciated.

Dahillbilly

Problem could be one of the regulators, the auto - switch over valve or a loose fitting. Could buy leak dection solution or use windex window clearner, spray on fittings, hose's & regulators. With tank valves open bubbling will form where the leak is located. Good luck

sengli

Smelled propane on my unit too, found one of the brass fittings on the auto switch device was cracked. Couldnt get the fitting out, so I amazoned the new unit and installed. Bought a gas sniffer tool as well, to make sure everything was good on the repair. If your not handy, I would call someone who is to have this repaired. You dont want to mess around with leaking propane.