Prospective Heartland owner question. None in nj?

Wtnealejr

Gee, I guess we must have had a completely different experience from the norm of other customers then. Interestingly though, that same Greystone I mentioned that was advertised as a new unit by Crossroads but actually had been previously owned and used for almost 4 months, is still advertised on their website as of this afternoon as new. Look for it under "new" stock, item #9121. I'm sure the next inquiring customer who calls them and asks about this will eventually be told the truth but it seems to me this might be a deceptive business practice. I mean, what is their definition of "new"? If it is used, it should be advertised as used, right? We think so. We thought that was pretty shady. :(

Porkchop

I'll have to start researching the 5th wheel glide system next!

Is there a way to "lock" it so that it can't be 'stolen'? that's another fear of mine since we won't have it at our home. We will need to find a place to park it.

Thanks again for all the suggestions and keep PMing me with idea of where to buy it if you don't mind.

Thanks!!!!!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Gee, I guess we must have had a completely different experience from the norm of other customers then. Interestingly though, that same Greystone I mentioned that was advertised as a new unit by Crossroads but actually had been previously owned and used for almost 4 months, is still advertised on their website as of this afternoon as new. Look for it under "new" stock, item #9121. I'm sure the next inquiring customer who calls them and asks about this will eventually be told the truth but it seems to me this might be a deceptive business practice. I mean, what is their definition of "new"? If it is used, it should be advertised as used, right? We think so. We thought that was pretty shady. :(

Was it ever titled in someone's name. If not, then technically, it's possible that it may be legal in NJ to classify it as new.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
I'll have to start researching the 5th wheel glide system next!

Is there a way to "lock" it so that it can't be 'stolen'? that's another fear of mine since we won't have it at our home. We will need to find a place to park it.

Thanks again for all the suggestions and keep PMing me with idea of where to buy it if you don't mind.

Thanks!!!!!
I assume you are talking about the trailer -

yes there are 5th wheel King pin Locks - Trimax makes one but there are many mfg out there. I would also hope that where ever you store your rig would have a high level of security gates with codes, cameras and security.

Kevin

Wtnealejr

Was it ever titled in someone's name. If not, then technically, it's possible that it may be legal in NJ to classify it as new.

Hmmm.....you raise a good point. I'm not sure on that but I suppose that could be a possibility. Once we found out we could get the 2012 for just under their price for their 2011, we stopped haggling and went forward with taking the unit still on the production line at the factory. Anyway, my intent wasn't to slam this dealership but to share our experience and express that if folks really invest some time looking, they will find their best deal. We were really surprised at how Heartland was able to help us find what we were looking for. Just didn't think that kind of customer service was around anymore. I stand by my suggestion to anyone reading this: If you have an idea of a particular unit you want by Heartland, call them and ask them to help you locate one; you can compare pricing. I believe others would be just as pleasantly surprised as we were with their help.

Porkchop

I've been trying to get prices and feel Stonewall. Everyone wants me to call them but I'm so busy I barely have time to even email. I finally told this one guy at rvsalesprices that I couldn't call so unless he could email me I would go. Somewhere else. I guess he wasn't interested in selling me a heartland or any rv for that matter.

I've had some pms on other people's experience. If you wouldn't mind sending more pms on who you dealt with etc id appreciate it.

It also seems like the 2013 are coming out soo.? So that should mean dealers will want to move their stock inventory?

Thanks again!