Prospective Owner - A kind of off the wall question

pardad

Prospective Owner
Hello all. First post to the forum. I discovered Heartland through many positive posts over on RV.Net and since my wife and I decided to down size I've been lurking here and "window shopping" Heartland products via the Internet for some time now.

My experience in towing is dragging a Jeep 4-down behind a motorhome and based on my limited knowledge of towable RV's I would prefer a small 5'er. However, I didn't want to buy a 3/4 to 1 ton truck (that will be my daily driver) in order to properly pull one. So with all of that being said we're looking at Travel Trailers, one in particular, the North Trail 28RLS. I just bought a new Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Crew Cab with a 3.92 rear end and while it's not a HD diesel I believe we're in good shape on the tow vehicle, especially for that trailer, and where we'll travel.

A couple of other manufacturers we're looking at offer a twin bed option on their trailers but I don't see that available on the North Trail. Can anyone tell me if that's an unlisted option? To us a center aisle is much easier to negotiate in the confines of an RV and we decided a long time ago that for sleeping if we can't be in king bed we do much better in singles.

Thanks for any input you can offer. All help will be greatly appreciated.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
pardad, welcome to the Heartland Forum. I'm betting because it isn't offered as an option, it would be a pretty easy modification to do on your own. Easy enough to remove the existing bed and cabinets and install bed pedestals for twins and a floor to ceiling center wardrobe. The existing exterior storage compartments would then become larger under bed storage accessible from in & out. I can see it now.
I can't say for other manufacturers but Heartland has Customer Service unequaled by others. IMHO. Good luck with your shopping.

M

Mcreech

Sorry we don't have a twin bed as an option....We do have a 60x78" pillow top as an option.....thanks for the question
Mike C

pardad

Prospective Owner
I had this long response I was going to post but ole fat fingers hit a wrong button and deleted it. Without retyping everything I want to say that I'm impressed by the response from some obviously happy and proud owners and, as they say, gob-smacked that "the factory" cares enough about their product to answer a newbie's first question. You folks (owners & factory) definitely have my attention. Thanks for the responses and thanks for letting me in.