Prospective owner

Kevdc77

So it's done. Paperwork is in its final phase. Was gonna buy a 2013 from one dealer but got a better deal on a 2012 last minute. Just worried about maneuvering something so long when were only used to a 22'. BIG difference. Though I hear it's easier to back in than a smaller one.

PeternLiane

So it's done. Paperwork is in its final phase. Was gonna buy a 2013 from one dealer but got a better deal on a 2012 last minute. Just worried about maneuvering something so long when were only used to a 22'. BIG difference. Though I hear it's easier to back in than a smaller one.

Good deal, Glad that it worked out for the better. We went from a 18 footer to a 29. You do have to watch turning/cornering a bit more. You have to give it more room. Backing in is much easier. We absolutely love our bigger TT.

Happy travels

ZNK

Yes. Backing in the longer rigs is much easier! However, they are harder to navigate in small locations. Glad it all worked out!

PeternLiane

Yes. Backing in the longer rigs is much easier! However, they are harder to navigate in small locations. Glad it all worked out!

Isn't that the truth. I use to be able to navigate through every parking lot with ease. Now I have to think and plan the best entrance and exit for our us.

APT

Ahh! I already said ignore tow ratings for RVing, 8000, 10000, or 12000 pounds does not matter for your truck. You stated you have 1380 pounds of payload. Is that what the yellow Tire and Loading sticker on the truck you own has, as I showed above? You are likely to exceed that well under 8000 trailer weight with a family and some camping gear in the bed. Do you have a bed cover or truck cap too? It does not include any people, no 150 pound driver, only all fluids. Tow rating usually includes a single 150 pounds driver only.

With a dry weight of 7000 pounds and a family expect you be 8000-8500 pounds loaded for a long weekend trip. That means 1000 pounds of tongue weight. A weight distributing hitch does not reduce the tongue weight, but it does reduce the weight on the truck's axles. It distributes weight from the TV rear axles to both the TV front axle and trailer axles. The net result is about 25%. So, 1380-750 of TW pounds leaves 630 pounds for the family and cargo in the bed before exceeding the truck's GVWR. That will be tight for a family or 5.

You got what you got and any changes now are going to cost dearly. Many people tow overloaded by 500-1000 pounds and they don't know it or care to. Get a good WD hitch with integrated sway control (Reese dual cam, Equal-i-zer 4-pt) and drive accordingly. I'm sure you'll find the Tundra does very well towing that RV with a good hitched that is adjusted correctly.