Prowler Toy Hauler Roof Replacement

I have 2017 Prowler 261 TH. I bought it new in 2017. It has a soft spot in the roof. Kind of close to the side of AC unit. I have always kept up on roof maintenance and had a high dollar RV cover on it during the down times.
Anyway, has anyone had this problem and did a replacement roof liner ? Seems like a fairly easy fix. Just mostly time.
What are your thoughts on which type to install. EPDM, TPO or PVC.
I plan on keeping this Toy Hauler for a long time.
Thanks for any advise.
Ken in Oregon

david-steph2018

I have 2017 Prowler 261 TH. I bought it new in 2017. It has a soft spot in the roof. Kind of close to the side of AC unit. I have always kept up on roof maintenance and had a high dollar RV cover on it during the down times.
Anyway, has anyone had this problem and did a replacement roof liner ? Seems like a fairly easy fix. Just mostly time.
What are your thoughts on which type to install. EPDM, TPO or PVC.
I plan on keeping this Toy Hauler for a long time.
Thanks for any advise.
Ken in Oregon
When we had a roof work, we just had the Flex Armor Roof installed.

It is about $200/ln. ft.

pjones1969

Another vote for Flex Armor but if you insist on staying with the original style and your roof is showing signs of delamination or it has any sticky spots you should reach out to Dicor and see if you qualify for their warranty replacement, our 2017 Cyclone built in late 2016 qualified, you might receive all materials and some compensation for labor towards the replacement.

Does anyone know if 2017 HEARTLAND Prowler Toy Hauler has a Dicor TPO roof. My roof had soft spots and needs to be replaced and wood fixed. HEARTLAND says it only has a 2 year warranty. I thought it was supposed to have 12 year warranty. ?? I have maintained it yearly and used high dollar waterproof cover when not in use ?? Help.
Me 73 on very low fixed income. I did buy the Toy Hauler brand new in 2017.

CoveredWagon

Call Dicor directly. They may prorate it, but it'll be better than nothing. Then have a Flex Armor roof put on. I had my old removed at my expense. Only way to go.

david-steph2018

Does anyone know if 2017 HEARTLAND Prowler Toy Hauler has a Dicor TPO roof. My roof had soft spots and needs to be replaced and wood fixed. HEARTLAND says it only has a 2 year warranty. I thought it was supposed to have 12 year warranty. ?? I have maintained it yearly and used high dollar waterproof cover when not in use ?? Help.
Me 73 on very low fixed income. I did buy the Toy Hauler brand new in 2017.
If any place like a vent or the inside of an AC unit, and you can see the roof material, if black on one side it is EPDM.

Our 2018 Road Warrior had an EPDM roof material on it.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Are the roofs not lasting long? I have a 22 bighorn and this all makes me nervous.
Dicor had a compatibility issue with the EDPM material and the solvent used to glue it down in the mid teens years.
I had the soft sticky roof on our ‘17 Bighorn
You should be ok as your roof material is likely TPO

Lyle

travelin2

Call Dicor directly. They may prorate it, but it'll be better than nothing. Then have a Flex Armor roof put on. I had my old removed at my expense. Only way to go.
I called earlier this year. They offered me a TPO roof replacement kit for no charge. Still had to find & pay an installer

Lyle

CoveredWagon

I called earlier this year. They offered me a TPO roof replacement kit for no charge. Still had to find & pay an installer

Lyle
The install will probably cost as much as a Flex Armor roof. Take the TPO kit and sell it on e bay or such. I didn't but I should have at least tried. If you can't nothing lost.
Best of luck.

travelin2

The install will probably cost as much as a Flex Armor roof. Take the TPO kit and sell it on e bay or such. I didn't but I should have at least tried. If you can't nothing lost.
Best of luck.
Exactly but I passed and went with a roof coating instead. Flex Armor not within my budget on an 8 yr old rig that likely isn’t going to be in our hands but maybe only a few more years

Lyle

Attachments

• IMG_0222.jpeg
    IMG_0222.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1